Scout is a new breed of DIY home security that is smart, intuitive and affordable. Our home alarm system is self-installed and integrates with best-in-class smart home devices.
Download the Scout app to gain full control over your Scout Home Security system remotely from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
Scout secures your home through a network of security sensors connected to the brain of the system - the Scout Hub. Easily create custom security modes in the app and monitor the status of your home anywhere you have a data connection. Receive custom alerts, personalize your response to events and give instant access to trusted visitors. Scout’s home security system delivers the flexibility you need.
“Best DIY Security System 2016 & 17 - Cnet”
Integrate your Scout system with best in class Zigbee, Zwave, and connected products such as:
- Scout Access Sensors
- Scout Motion Sensors
- Scout Door Panel
- Scout Water Sensor
- Scout Indoor Camera
- First Alert Smoke & CO detector
- Yale & Kwikset Door locks
- Glass Break Sensor
- Alexa (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Tap)
- Google Home
- Nest Protect
- Nest Thermostat
- Nest Cam
- Hue Light bulbs
- Lifx Light bulbs
To learn more, visit scoutalarm.com.
Camera pairing bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great smart home alarm
This is a good alarm choice for a smart home - and one that doesn’t break the bank. We have our Scout integrated with Alexa and IFTT. This is ultra convenient for voice arming and disarming, as well as auto arming on a schedule.
The app is pretty good and gives the notifications I need. And allows good control.
I see this alarm as a deterrent to a burglar. And a warning to me as owner. Not a full-proof one. Though I think few are full-proof.
Sometimes there is a delay on sensors responding-due mostly to the location of the hub-so plan ahead on that. And I’ve also had sensor need to be reset to work at all. ...So on these points is where it gets 4 stars instead of 5. Ideally it would be perfectly reliable. But it’s pretty darn good. And if you are willing to monitor it a little the little things are workable.
I didn’t find a better solution for what I was willing to spend and for the convenience this has.
I’d recommend this system for a fairly low risk middle income neighborhood like mine, where I’m a pro-active owner.
I like it.
This system works pretty well, customer support is responsive if you need help and it is easy to install.
I can easily set the alarm on the way out, or if I space out I can can do it from my phone. This is a plus.
And, you see a updated record of your door opening and closing, alarms set and canceled. Pretty handy if you have a dog walker or someone else coming by.
The new system is plenty loud for me, I have it set in the lowest “chirp”.
All in all, it does what I was looking for without breaking the bank.
App syncing to sensors needs work
The Scout system is solid when everything is online and synced to the app. The syncing fails every so often causing everything to need to be reset. The mobile app performance could be more stable. Overall, the alarm works well and is a good mobile options- just be ready to work through the kinks.
- Scout Security Inc
- 39.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Scout Security Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.