Scout GPS Maps, Meetup, Chat & Social Voice Navigation with Friends
By Telenav, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet up without the hassle of using multiple apps to coordinate, communicate, and navigate. Now there’s an app for all that: Scout. It’s the only app that let’s you chat, make plans, and meet up in real life all in one super easy experience—including getting there with turn-by-turn GPS directions and everyone’s real-time ETA on the navigation map.
* New! Keep it in your circle — Scout is about getting together with you and the people you know – only those whose phone numbers are in your contacts list. People can only see the chats and meet ups they’re invited to and can leave the conversation with just a swipe.
* New! Smile for the camera — Snap a selfie for your Scout profile pic or pick your best shot from your existing photos.
* New! Know what’s coming up — See your upcoming meet ups on a map so you know where you need to be and when.
* Easy to use — Scout is now easier to navigate, starting with you on the map! In addition to traffic-based commute times, recent and favorite places, you can now also chat, meet up and more.
* Chat that leads to real plans — From spur-of-the-moment hangouts to a planned movie night, chat with friends about what to do and where to go, and then actually do it all in Scout.
* Meet up hassle-free – One app for everything. Choose who meet up with, pick a day and time, select a location, and you’re set. You can even chat before and after your get-together with all invitees in the same meet up stream.
* Drive together — Everyone meeting up gets voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions to the destination and sees each other’s ETA on the navigation map while driving there, so you’ll know if ‘”five minutes away” really means “I haven’t left yet!”
* Never get lost with the most up-to-date maps – OpenStreetMap (OSM) powers Scout’s maps with a community of more than 1.6 million editors making regular updates to the map. Your use of Scout will automatically help OSM map quality.
* Beat traffic everywhere you go – Get the fastest routes based on real-time traffic and be routed around accidents and jams. Help others on the road by reporting traffic incidents, congestion, police, and construction hazards.
* Save money and time on parking - Scout’s arrival guide shows you the nearest and cheapest parking closest to your destination
* Get help when you need it – customer support is available online at ourcommunity.scout.me
* Join our community – Keep up with Scout at www.facebook.com/scoutbytelenav, @scout on Twitter, and @scoutbytelenav on Instagram
-- What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable
“Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
•Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
•Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Pardon our Dust – Our new mobile verification flow has been fixed to allow users to find friends faster for Meet Ups. Ensure that you’re always sending the invite to the right person.
I do like this specific app a lot out of all of the other ones that I have tried. However, I dislike not having the option to put title names on saved addresses like we were able to before. So my only complaint/suggestion and honesty a request is that I really wish that there was still at least the option and availability to provide A title name for whichever address/addresses you decide you want to save because allowing people to title a specific address actually does help immensely so I am not sure why that part was even considered to be removed when the app was updated. I know many others feel the same way so if you could please have someone work on allowing us to have that option again that would be great and extremely helpful! Thanks!
I use to love this app so much. But overtime, it has just become a pain in the a**. I understand that I've asked for routes w/ no tolls, but Scout literally gives me the longest worst short cuts & if I didn't know my way around certain areas this app would have me drive extra feet just to get to where I'm going. Thank god my family has helped me with some short cuts, but this app has really been a pain. If used the iPhone maps app to compare routes sometimes, & w/ out tolls the map app has cut me back 10 min from what scout would've had me drive. Also it randomly stops on me at times, & randomly zooms out of 100% to like 5% & I have to double tap multiple times while driving to be able to clearly see my route w/ details.. Needs an update.
Updates are awful
Okay, so it's always been a little annoying to me that Scout would not save my login, but it was fine, because I could just skip it. Now Scout forces me to log in, and worse, outright claims that I only have to log in once every single time. Logging in also takes longer now, and really only seems to be useful for the social media features that I do not care about at all. Other than that, it works all right, but there are so many other gps apps that are more convent.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 57.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Telenav, Inc.
- © Telenav Inc, 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Scout Plus for 1 year $24.99
- Scout Plus for 1 month$4.99