Scout GPS, Maps, Voice Navigation & Traffic
By Telenav, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scout GPS, Maps, Voice Navigation & Traffic
Scout is your daily personal navigator that gets you around traffic wherever you go. Powered by over 100 million traffic sources, Scout offers traffic-conquering tools designed specifically for when you’re on the go. From your daily commute to everyday errands and weekend fun, Scout gets you—and gets you there with free voice-guided GPS navigation.
• Do more with less hassle—The personal commute dashboard is updated in real time with the most relevant local info. See your traffic-based commute times and current traffic flows with a glance. Find your recent and favorite destinations, discover nearby places like restaurants and cheap gas stations, and get turn-by-turn navigation to home and work, all with just a tap.
• NEW! Stay connected wherever you go--Log in with Google+ or Facebook to sync your favorites, recent places and settings across multiple devices.
• NEW! More ways to beat traffic— Know when to leave and what route to take for your commute with alerts about traffic conditions. With the new route summary, preview your route with traffic for every turn and easily reroute around backups with a simple swipe.
• Real-time adaptive routing—Get the most efficient routes with the least amount of traffic, one-tap adaptive rerouting to avoid jams, and street-level traffic views for major roads and side streets.
• Help others beat traffic too—Report traffic congestion, police, road hazards, and accidents with a simple tap to help your fellow Scout drivers avoid gridlock or being pulled over.
• Find anything fast—Scout’s OneBox search is fast and intelligent with autocomplete for better, relevant, and easy-to-read results. You can also simply say “Hey Scout” to activate voice search for a completely hands-free experience—no typing necessary!
• Get free voice guidance—Scout guides you to your destination with free turn-by-turn, voice navigation and also listens to your voice commands to search or drive, so you can enjoy the journey hands free and without distractions.
• No more “where are you??” texts—Scout lets others know when you’ll be there and lets them follow your real-time progress on a map with OnMyWay® ETA-sharing.
• Discover the local weekend scene—Find places to go and things to do like live music, bars, shows, family events, sports, movies, and more. Plan online at www.scout.me and sync your favorites between the site and the app. Share your discoveries with friends vial email, text, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Get your questions answered for free with live support at the Scout community forum http://ourcommunity.scout.me or learn more about Scout for iPhone at www.scout.me/iphone.
What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable
“Scout is my preferred iOS maps alternative.” Joel Evans, ZDNet
“Scout is immediately a commuter’s best friend.” Jamie Lendino, PCMagazine
“Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
“Top Travel App” – Departures.com
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
• Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124039
Minor bug fixing.
Used to be the top one, but not now for sure
Want go back to 5 starts rating? Simple:
1. Get the Mph function back.
2. Make the app available to work offline again, no more unexpected crash and quite every time when goes to offline or just switch between Wifi and Cellular data.
3. Give us a more detail data usage explanation of the app, cause I think with 1-year subscription and offline area map downloaded, it should not use the amount of data around 0.7MB/mile! Unless scout has done some unknown data collecting or feeding!
4. Start listen to your customer who has paid for the app, not pretending, but actually make some positive change!
Every time when scout has solve any one of the above will earn back 1 start, I suggest you to start with #4. Thanks.
Best in class
These apps are extremely difficult to get right and Scout has really gotten that right. It even helped me to find an emergency room at 3 o'clock in the morning one rainy night in a town that I was totally unfamiliar with and without scout my friend would've continue to have gone without necessary emergency care for over 50 Miles while I would've hunted but Scout helped me find him what he needed in just 15 minutes this is a wonderful tool that everyone needs to have in their car.
FIND ANYWHERE SUPER EASY!!!
I love scout, in fact I've actually turned a few of my good friends on to it too! It makes navigating places that you are unfamiliar with a breeze! I hook my iPhone into my car stereo, input the address, tell it to drive and go. Scout automatically lowers the volume on the stereo and plays directions right through my car speakers in plenty if time to prepare for next move. I love it! Highly recommended!! ; )
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 21, 2014
- Version: 126.96.36.199039
- Size: 29.7 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Telenav, Inc.
- © Telenav Inc, 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Scout Plus for 1 year $24.99
- Scout Plus for 1 month$4.99