Scout GPS Navigation, Maps, Meet Ups & Traffic
By Telenav, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scout – the app that connects people together for live events, not just to find places! Meet Up without the hassle of using multiple apps to coordinate, communicate, and navigate. It’s the only app that lets you chat, make plans, and Meet Up with turn-by-turn GPS directions and everyone’s real-time ETA on the navigation map. Now you’ll always know if “five minutes away” really means “I haven’t left yet!”
* Keep it in your circle — Verify your phone number so you can connect and invite the right friends to Meet Ups via your contact list. Only friends invited to your Meet Up can see chats and live ETAs for other attendees.
* New! Keep in touch and drive together – Get notified when your friends start driving to the Meet Up and see everyone’s ETAs and location on the map at the same time. Let your friends know you are on the way before you drive.
* New! Explore new places – Find restaurants, coffee, ATMs, cheap gas stations and more nearby spots when searching for your target destination. Locate cheap parking closest to your destination.
* New! Meet Up reminders – Never worry about forgetting about your Meet Up with a new and improved interface. Scout will remind you within one hour of your Meet Up, so you can always get there on
* Smile for the camera – Snap a selfie for your Scout profile pic or pick your best shot from your existing photos.
* Beat traffic everywhere you go – Get the fastest routes based on real-time traffic and get routed around accidents and jams. Help others on the road by reporting traffic incidents, speed traps, congestion, police, and construction hazards.
* Never get lost with the most up-to-date maps – OpenStreetMap (OSM) powers Scout’s maps with a community of more than 1.6 million editors making regular updates to the map.
* Join our community – Keep up with Scout at www.facebook.com/scoutbytelenav, @scout on Twitter, @scoutbytelenav on Instagram and at ourcommunity.scout.me for any help you may need along your way.
-- What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable “Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
•Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
•Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
* New! See all your friends coming to your event on the Meet Up map at the same time.
* New! Get notified when your friends start driving to your Meet Up and see their ETAs.
* New! Explore nearby restaurants, coffee shops, gas and more in our easy to use search tool.
* New! Meet Up reminders and interface – Scout will remind you within one hour of your Meet Up and with an improved interface so you can see all your Meet Ups in one spot.
* Lastly, your feedback counts and we’ve been working on fixing those pesky bugs you reported. Please let us know how we’re doing.
Crash needs to be fixed
I really love Scout, it's my favorite GPS for planing and making trips. I'm a wedding cinematographer, and really hate driving miles past my exit because the app closed itself from time to time (most of the time with another app open, like Pandora.) I really want to make a trip without feeling uncomfortable that the app will close on me when I really need it. Time is money! Getting to locations ahead of time is important.
I know it's easy to just not use other apps if that's a problem; but I should be able to use another app without Scout crashing. I'm on the highway most of the trip, and it's unsafe to relocate while driving.
Scout was almost perfect. Now, after recent updates it is bad and getting worse:
Random crashes, GPS failures, wrong locations, can't find previous known destinations, horrid user interface design, no longer accurate and reliable.
Instead they've added trendy social media and meetup crap front and center. Stuff GPS and navigation users is squirreled away where access is levels down and inconvenient.
The developer did not respond to questions from a yearly plan user -- so I've made the choice to not renew -- and seek a better solution.
Scout has lost its way.
Not what it used to be
If I get an alert for an email, text, phone call, etc... When I go back to the map it shrinks down so small you can't follow it visually. Very annoying! I usually have to start everything over from that point. Also randomly will shut down on me. Again very annoying. I have also had problems with that rerouting lately... Won't always do it.
Did not have these problems until recently. Used to love this app and still use it, but not as happy.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 57.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Telenav, Inc.
- © Telenav Inc, 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Scout Plus for 1 year $24.99
- Scout Plus for 1 month$4.99