By Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The perfect dictionary for playing SCRABBLE® – an enhanced version of the best-selling book The Official SCRABBLE® Players Dictionary, Fifth Edition.
The app includes ALL of the words that are eligible for recreational and school play – including thousands of words added from the Official Tournament and Club Word List, 2014 Edition.
Endorsed by the North American SCRABBLE® Players Association (NASPA), The Official SCRABBLE® Players Dictionary contains more than 150,000 playable two- to fifteen-letter words, and variant spellings for game players in Canada.
* No advertisements
* Word Finder – a fun tool that lets you discover all the words that can be created from your tiles
* Voice Search
* Recent History – lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
* For iPad: Scrolling Index – lets you browse the entire dictionary
* For NASPA members: Tournament Mode including access to the full Tournament Word List
What's New in Version 2.0.5
Improved "Word Finder" keyboard and tile display -- in response to user feedback. Thank you!
- Content updated to The Official SCRABBLE® Players Dictionary, Fifth Edition
- Over 5000 new words added, including HASHTAG, FRENEMY, MOJITO and more
- Enhanced with thousands of additional words from the Official Tournament and Club Word List, 2014 Edition
- Fresh, new design
- Tournament Mode for NASPA members – includes access to the full Tournament Word List!
I'm a tournament player and it's nice to have access to the tournament mode section where you can see all playable words.
Request: I would love to see a section (one for filtered mode and another for tournament mode) where you can only see the 5,000 new words. This would make it much easier for study purposes.
Great job with this!
The 'word finder' part of this app works well, and it takes maybe five minutes to get through its "unintuitive" learning curve. Perfect for Wordfeud, which I've been playing for several years. After getting Scrabble Players' Dictionary, I don't recall receiving a "PLEASE WRITE US A REVIEW" notice; this also is a plus.
Love the app. I only wish that the developer would update it so that I don't get a message saying the app slows down my phone. I find the app helpful for all kinds of words and use it when playing Scrabble and learning new words in books I am reading.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 05, 2014
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 53.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Merriam-Webster, Inc.
- © 2014 Hasbro, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.