SCRABBLE for iPad
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS. PLAY WITH WORDS. Get a game of SCRABBLE going with just about anyone – or play solo against the computer! Plus, now you can play SCRABBLE in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, or Brazilian Portuguese.
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
• Challenge friends via Facebook and more
• Find an instant opponent with a single touch
• Play solo against the computer to improve your skills
• Get numerous games going at once – more than any word game on the App Store
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
Connect to Facebook and share your best scores. You can even talk a good game with enhanced chat and notification features.
IMPROVE YOUR SCORES WITH THE TEACHER
Become a SCRABBLE master with the exclusive “Teacher” feature - see what your best word could have been after every turn.
LOSS FOR WORDS?
Use the in-game word list, built-in official SCRABBLE dictionary, or the exclusive Best Word feature to see your highest scoring choices.
Want to recreate the feeling of a real-time in-person game? Try the new Speed Play mode where you and your opponent agree to 2 or 5 minute turns. If words aren't played in time, nudge and forfeit options are unlocked.
View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display.
Ready for the first and last word in word games? Don’t accept imitations. Just say, “LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE!
What's New in Version 5.15.0
Hey SCRABBLE fans! We’ve made some behind-the-scenes changes to improve the overall gameplay. As always, thanks for playing.
Good, but there are areas that need work.
1. The "teacher" function times out too quickly when playing against the computer. It should wait until dismissed by the user.
2. The color of the letters shown when the teacher show what you could have played need to be a sharply contrasting color so that they don't blend with what's already on the board.
3. When you go out looking for a random opponent, you should be able to specify an ELO range. If you're a 1400 level player, you don't want to waste time avoiding 900 level players, and vice versa.
4. There should be a confirmation when you hit the Play button. It's too easy to hit Play when you meant to hit Recall.
5. Clearing the lookup box needs work. There are times when the valid-word/invalid word message doesn't get cleared when the box gets cleared, which looks stupid.
6. The keyboard does not need to pop up when the user clears the lookup box by hitting the little x symbol. Particularly when playing in the mode where you hand the tablet around, you don't want the next opponent to see what you looked up, because that gives away your hand. You just want the box to clear; youdon't want the keyboard to pop up. Let the keyboard pop up only when the user taps the lookup box itself.
Fix these issues and you've got a killer app!
Fair, but also flawed
A pretty good reproduction of the board game, however it's missing some of the board game's main aspects.
When playing a 12 turn game, there is no way to see how many turns remain!
The dictionary mode should be optional, that way players could challenge each other's words forcing a player who lays down an invalid word to lose their turn. Currently a player can keep laying down tiles and rely on the game to tell them if the word is valid. This is an obvious deviation from the original rules.
The dictionary window should clear itself between player turns. Currently, when a player uses the dictionary, the next player
can see the last word the previous player was looking up. This gives the current player some insight to the previous player's letters. This is a major flaw.
It would be nice if the dictionary showed the definition of words.
It would be nice if the game saved scores by player name(s) as well as the actual screenshot of the final game. E.g., Greg vs Lillian: Greg won 23 games, Lillian won 35 games, etc.
It would be nice if there was a way to save a picture of the board at the end of a game.
If would be nice to have a feature to allow the player to undo their word. Occasionally, we've accidentally pressed play before laying down all the letters we wanted.
I love this game. I play with my brother all the time. He lives in NorCo and I am in SoCal. We always play thru the Origins mode, not Facebook. Facebook attracts too many people. Origins has issues that are very frustrating. I have to log into Origins all the time, even during a game. Also, the Origins mode seems to have a mind of it's own. Last week my brother could not log in until he upgraded. We were in the middle of a game and he was locked out. The only way he could get back in was for me to nudge him and then forfeit him! Enough of the bad. I love your updates. They just come too slowly . They are also way to conservative. Just do all the fixes and be done.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 04, 2016
- Version: 5.15.0
- Size: 161 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- © 2016 Electronic Arts Inc.Inc. © 2016 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.