Classic Scramble With Friends
By Zynga Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Beat the clock and your friends: Scramble With Friends is the fast, fun game of finding words on a jumbled grid! Quickly slide your finger over adjacent letters to form words forwards, backwards, sideways…anyway you can! Challenge a friend to a game or find someone within the Scramble With Friends network. Try tournaments mode and play against others in a real-time rapid-fire 8-person bracket style tournament. Or sharpen your skills using solo mode. The more you play, the more experience points you earn to unlock fun new tables and win mega-power up prizes.
● No third party ads!
● Tournaments mode lets you compete in a real-time fast-paced 8 person bracket-style tournament in one sitting
● Unlock Tables and Prizes: Earn experience points in Tournaments to unlock new table types and win mega-power up prizes to add more time to your board or help you find more words
● Power-Ups & Tickets: Come back for the daily scramble to win power-ups and tickets to use in Tournaments
● IOS 8 Support: IOS 8 ready with exciting new features including interactive notifications
● Play in 7 languages: Now enjoy Scramble in Turkish and Italian in addition to English, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch, Danish with updated sounds and optimized game boards
● Stats Tracker: Track your own progress over time such as your longest word, speed or highest scoring game
● “Short but sweet, Scramble With Friends is a game designed exclusively for the socially-enabled wordplay fan. That said, Zynga …has delivered an addictive puzzler for those willing to engage with friends and randoms alike” -- PocketGamer UK
● “One of the best time wasters you’ll ever play” - Slide to Play
● “Wonderful way to keep your brain sharp while having fun” – Player Review
Already a fan of the game?
Like Scramble With Friends Free on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Zynga.Scramble
Follow Scramble With Friends Free on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ScrambleWF
● Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
● This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
● Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
● You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
● Must be 13+ to play.
● Use of this application requires a Facebook or Games With Friends account.
What's New in Version 5.08
Thanks for all of your feedback. We’re always working hard to make this the most fun word game out there.
In this release:
● Think you’ve got game? Share your wins with your friends and see if they are up for the challenge
● Improvements related to Tournaments
We’re gearing up for a very special release in the near future that’s bound to knock your socks off! Can’t wait to share it with you!
As always, we love to hear from you so follow us here let us know how you feel!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Zynga.Scramble or on
I very much dislike that if someone challenges you/wants to play with you, you have to play or else it counts as a loss. This is totally unfair. There are people who challenge me whom I really, really, really don't want to play with, but if I don't, I have to take a loss, which affects my stats and winning streak negatively. This one player challenged me and called me all kinds of rude names, and there's no way for me to block them or not play with them, unless I want a loss. This is particularly annoying, bc the people who do this kind of thing can just keep challenging you, again and again and again, and they can send you rude messages over and over. Please fix this, Zynga, or else I cannot give you a good rating.
Also, I don't understand why/how tournaments affect your win/loss ratio, or if they should at all. It seems like things should be consistent. And how do the tournaments affect your stats? There is no explanation. If, for example, I don't get first place in the daily challenge, does that mean it affects/hurts my winning streak? Or do tournaments affect it? I dislike this aspect of the game, bc it doesn't really reflect how good a player is. You can play a lot of tournaments, but if you lose one round (like the finals), it could hurt your winning streak, which makes it a reason not to play the tournaments, even though they're fun. These issues need to be addressed.
Vary the board
The big paragraph below is my initial review. My updated review is one star and will always be one star until you stop repeating daily challenges.
I love playing this and am glad you have the daily challenges. Do the daily challenge boards have to be so similar all the time? I'm no mathematician but I think statistically you shouldn't yet have to start repeating. Or even using similar boards. It's just not that exciting anymore to spell "painters" "retiled," "plated," "patent," "smilers," "trainers," etc. I'm sure you have studies that show that people enjoy playing more when they can spell lots of words like that, but now it's just kind of boring. Also, why not have a triple word square on the themed puzzles?
UPDATE: I guess it's been a couple months since I first wrote this. I am passed even caring about new boards on the daily challenges. I don't expect them to be new and they usually aren't. But I keep wondering why. I can't imagine that it's too difficult to create new boards. Surely there is a reason you don't, right? The curiosity is killing me. I would almost rather find out WHY you don't make new boards than have you ACTUALLY MAKE NEW BOARDS.
I play this game a lot. I do it because I love the idea of it. At the core, the mechanics of the game, as a pure, speed-based crossword game is something I find extremely entertaining.
It's all the junk around it where zynga completely fails to deliver.
The game is horribly glitchy during single player play. It freezes up two or three times during each round, for up to three or four seconds, breaking momentum during play. Why? It doesn't seem to be terribly processor intensive?
Also, about 5 to 10% of tournament games, which for some reason generally run smoothly, crash me out and force me to restart the app and counting the crash as a loss. And I think I see at least one person crash out in about 40% of all tournaments. It's a mess.
Power ups ruin the purity of the game. I understand the need to try and balance the game between different player levels. But I also don't know what actually beat me. The player or the power ups? Maybe indicate what power ups were used by players somehow?
Tickets and coins are a worthless distraction. The idiotic spinner just gets in the way and is a waste of time for players just wanting to get to the game.
All that said, the foundation is solid and I like the tournament mode addition. There's just too much unnecessary crap around it. And please fix the crash bugs.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 05, 2015
- Version: 5.08
- Size: 63.8 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Zynga Inc.
- © 2014 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Medium Token Package$1.99
- Small Token Package$0.99
- Large Token Package$4.99
- Large Mega Freeze Package$19.99
- 16-Token Package$0.99
- Small Mega Freeze Package$0.99
- Extra Large Token Package$9.99
- 33-Token Package$1.99
- Small Token Package$0.99
- Deluxe Token Package$24.99