Scramble Your Friends
By Graphite Fusion
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Premium Version **
Like playing challenging word games? Scramble Your Friends is a turn based app that lets you challenge your friends to a new kind of word game! Dominate your friends by creating killer words while exercising your brain!
HOW TO PLAY:
You are given a board of letters. Try to make a word by tapping or swiping adjacent letters. You will gain a score based on the letters you use, how many letters you have used, and any modifiers associated with those letters.
Once you are done creating a word, you get to replace the letters that you have used with new letters. This gives you the strategic opportunity to create a board that makes it harder for your opponent to make a word!
Use items to make that killer high scoring word! The game allows you to use three items to help you make a word:
Swap any two letters on the board
Shuffle all of the letters on the current board
Add an additional multiplier to the board (Double word, Triple word, Plus Eight and Plus Twelve)
No Login Required
You don’t have to provide an email address or password. As soon as you begin the game we immediately create an account for you to start playing against your friends!
Tired of beating your friends over and over again? Challenge a random player to a game!
Immediately see all of your friends who are also playing ‘Scramble Your Friends’ and challenge them to a game! Invite your friends who don’t have the game yet!
3 Day Rule
Tired of waiting days for an opponent to make a move? If your opponent doesn’t respond within three days, you can end the game and claim victory!
Like the game? Follow us on Twitter!
What's New in Version 1.6
IMPORTANT NOTE - If you were one of the few people to get the update for this game a few weeks ago, you will need to delete your previous version before installing. Otherwise it is not necessary to delete before installing the update.
** App will no longer crash on startup when installing new update if you did not update a few weeks ago** All history, credits, games, etc will be preserved on the update.
--= Max games allowed increased to 30 =--
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused powerup to not work when used
- Multiplier powerup will only go onto a tile that does not already have a powerup
- Added new powerup to replace any letter on the board (1 use per game)
- Removed "Help" powerup
- Fixed text formatting issue with "Game Won" and "Game Lost" labels
- Dictionary updated
- Name changed back to original name from Oct 2011
Fun game, just needs a few tune-ups
The dictionary used needs to be expanded. I will often move a letter to play a word that I know is valid (sometimes I've even looked it up in the dictionary prior to attempting to play), and the game will not accept it !!!
Love the chat feature, I've met some great folks from all over the world !!
I don't have a problem with credits like some have mentioned (because I generally win), but I understand the issue. If you do buy the credits, buy one of the larger packs, much better value !!! I agree it would be nice if there was a way to earn more credits without having to buy them or win them. Once you build up a good stash of credits it's pretty easy to manage them without having to buy more ... But takes awhile to build up !
2 major grievances
Clever game but the major issues are that...
1. To play the game well, you need to use credits. The credits get used up quickly and the only way to replenish them is to purchase more (or win a game, which is impossible without credits) I think the developers are a bit greedy, compelling you to purchase credits every few games. Credits should be replenished when a given amount of time elapses or through some other method.
2. They dont indicate what dictionary they use (it certainly isnt the scrabble or words with friends! Dictionary) and many words that would be valid with virtually any dictionary deemedinvalid. A real bummer to find this out after wasting credits in order to spell a word, only to find out it isnt accepted.
Fix these 2 issues and id give this game 4 and a half stars.
I really like this game. Recently, the alert/flag (?) is not working. I do not know when an opponent has played. Therefore it may too many days between our responses. Please make the correction.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 21, 2012
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeremy Nortey
- © Epidemic Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 500 Credits$2.99
- 1000 Credits$4.99
- 250 Credits$1.99
- 100 Credits$0.99
- 2500 Credits$9.99
- 10,000 Credits$29.99