Scrawl is a prize winning, comics & illustration digital magazine. Fun, beautiful and innovative, created solely for the digital platform, Scrawl integrates art & technology to offer a new and exciting way of storytelling.
Tap to control the way the story unfolds, shake the device to reveal images, look at time-dependent drawings as they change or just engage in thought provoking artwork and original ideas - Scrawl lets you tap into your traditional comics in an untraditional way.
Featuring some of the most talented artists working today, crafted with meticulous production & design, Scrawl is a must-have for all comics & illustration lovers, but not just.
• 3 free full iPad issues inside (2 for iPhone)!
• Scrawl features some of the most talented artists from around the world.
• Each issue is an anthology dedicated to an original theme.
• Exquisite artwork in a variety of styles from hand-drawn to digital techniques,
integrated seamlessly with interactive features & animation to ensure a unique experience.
Reviews from our readers:
"...I think this has to be one of the best examples of future magazines fun, playful and a whole lot of creativeness."
- Wharf-e (itunes UK)
"This is the first time I subscribe to anything in very many years and I'm so happy I did."
- Brixtonsun (itunes France)
"Simple superb magazine, one of THE best available on ipad"
- Mansiemans (itunes Netherlands)
Editions of Scrawl are available for purchase as single issues or via an auto-renewable yearly subscription (for 6.99$) as follows:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for the subscription price renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned
off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
(!) Recent issues of Scrawl might not be compatible with older 1st generation iPads.
* Progressive download - no more waiting for your download to complete. You can simply tap and read while the issue downloads in the background.
* Native support for iPad Pro
* Support for a handful of new features, that will be available in upcoming issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Hi Scrawl, I just wanted to tell you how much I love what you're doing. Rather than take the conventional format of print cartooning and drop it into an app, you are using the digital medium to create exciting new forms. Which would mean nothing if the comics themselves weren't terrific. The level of artistic expression, combined with the technical sophistication used to execute your vision, is astounding. Scrawl is exactly the digital comic I have been waiting for.
This is something which should be called magazine for apps! I like many gimmicks the app has to make stories outstanding.
Everything is so exciting and new. Each story is more than a story. Great adventure.
- Michael Golan
- 22.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Michael Golan, Roni Fahima & Shiraz Fuman
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.