Screen Time - Media Time Manager
By Rod Liberal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"An app that motivates my kid to clean his room? I am so in." - Cool Mom Tech
"Impressive features that many parents will appreciate I’m sure." - Bibsy @ itsMyi
"Parental management the 21st century way!!! This is an application that we will be using frequently and can help any type of family." - Andrea @ Applicable2U
Finally a way to manage your children's screen time!
"Children in the United States watch an average of three to four hours of television a day. By the time of high school graduation, they will have spent more time watching television than they have in the classroom. - American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry"
One of CBS News and Forbes Magazine recommended apps for families.
Screen Time was developed by a dad of 3 young boys who love technology. It was with them in mind that this easy-to-track tool was born.
We understand tv and gadgets are an important part of our kids' lives and can be used to provide educational opportunities for them. At the same time, we want our kids to develop healthy viewing habits and feel empowered by the choices they make.
Screen Time is NOT just a time tracker!
With Screen Time, you can:
* Assign daily, weekly, or custom minute allowances for each child. Allowances can be set to repeat each day or accumulate based on your preference.
* Empower children to earn screen minutes by doing chores and displaying good behavior.
* Encourage your kids to give up those minutes (with a kid-friendly screen) for other activities and rewards. Kids learn valuable skills by saving minutes for delayed gratification.
* Customize and have fun!!! Add, change, or remove tasks and rewards to fit yours and your kids' needs.
Children need a balanced lifestyle that involves a great mix of rich activities, both indoors and outdoors. Let us help you take care of their media interactions.
We welcome your feedback!
Note: Screen Time cannot (as any other app) automatically track your device’s usage or lock kids out of apps or the device itself as it is against Apple’s usage policies. Our app is meant for the involvement of parents in managing and actively tracking their kids’ time. We help create a healthy relationship between parents and kids in dealing with one of the main challenges we have in our highly technological age.
Rod Liberal is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: Parents
What's New in Version 2.0.4
. Fixed issue with timer not stopping when available minutes reached zero.
. Minor performance improvements.
Great but please add feature!
Pathetic as it is, my husband and I are using this app to monitor each other's phone use so we act like humans and not phone addicted zombies. But the timer continues even when the phone is off which means we have to turn it on and off every time we turn the phone off and on. Not helpful when you're trying to prevent those 100 "quick" Facebook checks.
Please tweak if possible! The only other option is self control and I'm GenX so we know that's not gonna happen!
Also, love love the app overall just want this one feature please.
App doesn't work as promised. You have to reset the timer each day, but it doesn't automatically come on. Nice idea, failed execution.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 19, 2015
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Rod Liberal
- © 2010 Screen Time. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.