- Wirelessly mirror your Mac screen & audio in UHD on any 2013-2019 Samsung TV & 2012-6 LG TV
- Web browser for direct video streaming to any 2013-2019 Samsung & LG TV + file streamer
● 12 predefined profiles: 480p...2160p (UHD) with 25 - 60 frame rate
● Hardware video encoder support (variable bit rate >20MBit/sec)
● Recording: active session can be (in parallel) recorded to an mp4 file and replayed later
● Multi-display support (choose which display you want to mirror to your TV)
● Low battery consumption & no buffering interruptions due to overloaded CPU (*)
● Optional adaptation of video stream to 16:9 (=TV) aspect ratio;
● 5 user profiles (bit rate up to 60Mbit/sec@Ultra HD or up to 90fps@Full HD)
● Dimming: computer screen can be dimmed while playing (e.g. a movie in a dark room)
● Time shift: if needed, video and audio can be offset +/- 1000 ms in 25 ms steps
● Dedicated audio driver that allows to capture & transmit audio regardless of what source is playing
● Due to App Store rules (no app can have attached any driver in the store), the driver needs to be installed manually from: https://www.nimbleai.com/aDrv
(*) - The app needs a Mac model 2011 or higher.
WEB VIDEO STREAMER . (the mode requires High Sierra or Mojave)
● Emulates iOS web browser and streams videos on TV using TV built-in DLNA technology
● No other equipment necessary - only Mac, Wi-Fi & TV
● Compared to screen mirroring apps, no need to install any audio driver
● Solid >30MB A/V buffer ensures stream stability
● Significantly saves battery as the app re-streams video without H.264 re-encoding
● You can work on Mac and stream video on the background simultaneously
Supported media types
● Videos that can be played in iOS Safari (w/exception of FairPlay)
● Audio podcasts (w/exception of audio live streams)
-- combined audio/video streams
-- separated audio/video streams
-- video only streams
-- fMp4 streams
-- live streams for all of the above-listed combinations
-- streams encrypted with AES-128 & AES-sample for all of the above-listed combinations
● FairPlay (Apple proprietary tech enforcing DRM)
● (Live) audio-only HLS streams & MP3 live streams (no DLNA support)
● Subtitles (no DLNA support)
● Videos whose authors explicitly forbade (in html code) to play from their web pages via AirPlay
● macOS built-in Safari engine ensures up-to-date security patches regardless of this app updates
● User-agent exception editor for domains you won't play video from (for easier browsing)
● Video quality exception editor for e.g. slow-loading webs
● Local-video manager: mute & auto-stopping when streaming
● Provides two modes: MP4 & Direct
-- MPEG streaming mode (mp4, mov) with locally seekable preview;
-- Direct streaming mode plays all TV-supported formats (typically AVI, 3GPP, DIVX,FLV,MKV,..)
● Samsung: All 2013+ models
-- Web video streamer & file streamer: All 2012+ models
-- Mirroring: 2012-2016 LG models
(LG introduced in 2017 models a proprietary streaming mgr that is not suitable for short-lag transmissions; mirror will work but lag will be longer).
● The app is free for sessions up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase.
● Due to DLNA TV buffer, there is typically 1-3 sec lag between what is shown on monitor and TV , i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time activities such as gaming.
● By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc). If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install audio driver (instructions provided in the app, link above).
● You can't mirror DRM protected content.
Major app update: Added Safari-based web browser that enables direct web video streaming
+ minor & stability fixes (web video streaming, colour scheme for dark mode menu mode, GUI switching)
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome so far!
We have two computers, one a desktop and the other my little macbook. Our desktop did allow us to connect to the tv without any extra downloads but it would lag and eventually the screen would disconnect. We didn’t want to get the apple tv since we already have a ps4 and a smart tv. I read reviews for other apps that were supposed to stream to lg tvs and they were not good, complaining of crashing or just not working at all, and none allowed you to download the app for a trial to see how it worked first. I even went to LG website and downloaded the plex streamer or whatever they recommended and it never loaded, it would always say it was connecting, with no progress.
So I tested my luck and took back to the app store and I found this app that allowed you to try it out before buying the full version. It had great reviews and I figured I’d give it a shot and if it didn’t work, no foul. IT WORKED PERFECTLY and with literally no effort on my part. As soon as it downloaded and I launched it it automatically detected our tv. I love that you can either mirror your screen or play a file directly to the tv separately. I am currently watching a movie on the tv as I write the review on my computer. I obviously bought the full version immediately and it works exactly as I needed.
I have mixed feelings about this app. It's doing what I needed it to do, which is to stream and loop a slideshow to parents, while their students are in a martial arts class. So for that, I'm thankful because like someone else wrote, I didn't want to buy an apple tv if it wasn't absolutely necessary. HOWEVER, there are some glitches - every so often it putts an audio error message on the screen which goes away, but is extremely annoying an unprofessional looking. I've played and played with the settings on both the app and the tv. and can't seem to get rid of it. Also there was a learning curve to get it set up where it would work. I had to convert the slideshow into a movie format and stream that. All in all, it works, not great but not terrible either....
Not useful for presentations on a Samsung Smart 4K TV
I’m surprised that an app downloaded from the Apple Store would be such a waste of time. Within about 5 minutes after I downloaded and installed the app on my 2017 MacBook Pro a screen came up saying that I was in a limited use mode and would need to purchase full access. I expect a professional application to say up front on the Apple store that a purchase is required for useful access and what the cost would be without having to waste time installing it to find out. Also when using the app, there was a significant delay between actions on my computer screen and the resulting action on my TV screen. This siginificantly affects the usefulness of this application in displaying videos, slideshows and any type of presentation from your computer.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, thank you for your review. This is a sentence from the app description: "The app is free for sessions up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase." We believe that it is fair to let users test the app upfront before buying. That's why the demo is free. Equally is mentioned the lag in the description.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.