By Empoc, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Screen Vault brings you a brand new innovative way to lock and unlock your Mac.
I would like to thank everyone for a wonderful 1st day for Screen Vault on the Mac App Store and for your continued support for this app. There have been lots of great questions and plenty of feature suggestions.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know that we are working hard to implement all of the suggested features as well as a few bug fixes. More themes are currently being worked on as well. If you have any questions or suggestions about Screen Vault please feel free to use the Contact form on the Screen Vault website http://screenvault.net and we will reply as soon as we can.
*** "Overall, the app is absolutely amazing and well worth its price tag. There are few lockscreen apps available for Mac, and this one is definitely a strong contender." addictivetips.com
Remember the old combination dial lock on your locker from high school? Well, Screen Vault brings that same experience to your Mac. Using the rotate gesture of the track pad, you can use the combination dial to unlock your Mac with your personal 3 digit combination.
Don't have a track pad or don't want to use a combination lock? Screen Vault comes with another way to unlock your Mac. You can choose between using the combination dial and using a pass pattern to unlock your Mac.
The features don't end there. Read below for a list of all of the features that come with Screen Vault
- Themes: Change the look of Screen Vault by changing the graphics and text using the built in Theme Designer.
- Unlock Options: Unlock your mac using a combination lock by utilizing the rotate gesture of your track pad or use a pass pattern seen on most Android phones.
- Sounds: Change the way you lock and unlock your mac by choosing your own lock and unlock sounds.
- Intruder Snap Shots: Screen Vault can be setup to automatically take snap shots of intruders when they try to unlock your mac with an incorrect combination or pass pattern.
- Intruder Video Recording: Screen Vault can be setup to automatically start recording the second someone tries to unlock your mac with an incorrect combination or pass pattern.
- Video Surveillance: Screen Vault can be setup to automatically start recording video as soon as you lock your mac. A useful feature if you want to know what's going on while you're away.
- iTunes Info & Controls: Control what song is playing in iTunes while your screen is locked or view information about the current song that's playing. iTunes controls and info are widgets that can be turned on or off in preferences.
- Screen Vault Stats: View statistics about Screen Vault, including intrusions, last intruder snapshot, last intrusion time, your current theme, total up time, etc...
- Snapshot & Video Log: A built in log that allows you to easily view snapshots and video footage of intrusions.
Note About SnapShots and Video: These features will only work if you have a built-in camera.
Note About the Combination Lock: The combination lock only works with the rotate gesture and therefore requires a MacBook with a trackpad or a magic track pad connected to an iMac or Mac Mini.
For instructions on how to use Screen Vault please go to the Support Site.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Made the combination dial less strict. You can now pass your number by 1 in each direction and it will still register as the correct number.
- Added option to allow you to change the shortcut for locking and unlocking
- Added option to have an e-mail sent with a snapshot if an intrusion is detected.
- Changed the Theme file extension from .zip to .theme
- Updated tutorial window to show correctly on lower resolution screens.
- Added option to have Screen Vault lock when awaking from sleep.
- Various bug fixes.
Lock Screen with a bad lock
It is a nice concept, and it would have been great, if it worked well, but in truth, it is just an application that can be minimized or closed very easily… a terrible login screen! Even the erroneous blank grey screen some described can easily be closed, so there is very limited protection from only the laziest of intruders with no Mac background are going to be turned around by this product.
In fact, I am not at all certain if this is either a nice concept, badly executed, or simply a $1.99 fraud.
The pattern lock works nicely, but when I tried the combination lock with the numbers 517 I could not get it to unlock. Some of the lock screen elements look a bit low resolution on 1680x1050 resolution, so hopefully some higher definition images will be in future updates. Definitely wish the pattern lock also receives touchpad support in the future.
Love the Update!!
I have been waiting for the option to lock when waking from sleep. Only problem is when I check this feature, the lock screen display becomes smaller, only fits in the bottom left corner of the screen.