By Abdulqadir Rashik
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Screencast maker allows you to make simple screencasts of your entire a screen or a portion of it.
- Record the entire screen or select a portion of the screen to record
- Turn on webcam to record your narration, please note that this will not work if an app is being recorded in full screen mode
- Resize or move input from webcam as required
- Record audio from your microphone, please note that recording system audio directly is currently not supported
- Pause, resume or stop recording by right-clicking the dock icon
- Stop recording from status bar
Screencast maker records video using the H264/AVC encoding functionality provided by the operating system, if you plan on charging your end viewers, a commercial license for h.264/avc may be required.
Number of output sizes are available as presets, please note that customization of output beyond the available presets is not possible.
Screencast maker is currently not suitable for users having multiple monitor setups.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Works great, BUT...
It has a few issues… For example, it doesn’t have any internal sound capture, but that’s no big issue. My main problem with this software, is it completely moves the screen over in the recording, and replaces the space from the moved screen with a big ugly green bar taking up recording space, making it not only so I can’t capture everything in my screen, but also effectivly causing some lag in the final rendering. It records pretty good, it gets a 24-35 FPS capture rate and seems to have no issues with motion or anything else. Besides these bugs that need to be fixed, it’s a good software, but not GREAT.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Aug 15, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Abdulqadir Rashik
- © Miavy Systems
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor