Record exactly what you see on the screen and turn it into a screencast in next to no time. Screenium 3 lets you record at 60 frames per second, offering optimum performance for your tutorials, gameplay recordings or any other screen content you wish to record. If you work with an ultra-high resolution 4K or 5K display or a Retina Mac, Screenium 3 puts you on the safe side as it creates the smoothest video quality possible for these types of devices.
But Screenium 3 offers much more than ultra-smooth video capture. Take advantage of numerous convenient tools that will help you create your perfect screencast. For example, embed FaceTime camera footage as a Picture-in-Picture clip, add audio comments or hide your desktop or desktop symbols during recording. Screenium also records keystrokes and the mouse pointer as separate tracks so you can visualize pressed keys and mouse clicks or edit them at a later point without any hassle.
Screenium's comfortable and powerful video editor provides you with all the tools you need to cut your footage, embed texts or add effects, transitions, or animations. Accentuate mouse clicks, add geometric shapes or hide screen sections that contain personal information. Of course you can also edit audio tracks and add filters. Using text synthesis, you can even add multilingual audio comments or auto-generated voice tracks.
Screenium 3 Overview
- Ultra-smooth 60 fps recording
- Supports any screen resolution
- 4 recording modes: Full screen, area selection, specific window, iOS / tvOS device
- Optionally embed FaceTime camera footage as a Picture-in-Picture clip
- Visualize keystrokes and mouse clicks
- Incognito mode to hide desktop, desktop symbols, or simply Screenium
- Highly optimized for multi-processor Macs
- 4K and 5K recording at full frame rate
- Versatile, convenient editor
- Versatile video effects and transitions
- Templates for text or graphic overlays
- Numerous audio filters
- VoiceOver using your own voice or auto-generated voice tracks
- Export files, share via e-mail, Messages app or direct upload to video portals such as Youtube and Vimeo
• Support for future versions of macOS
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
• Record your keyboard keystrokes.
• Capture system audio, now easier than ever.
• The performance of Screenium has been improved significantly. Capture 5K displays at up to 60 frames per second.
• Save valuable disk space by setting a scaling factor for recordings. Using a scaling factor of 50% will reduce the required amount of disk space by up to 75%.
• Import and export your videos using the new High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard (macOS 10.13 High Sierra required)
• Mark audio tracks as master or slave. The volume of all slave tracks will be reduced when the master track plays audio. When the master track is silent the slave tracks' volume is restored.
Ratings and Reviews
Loss of Features in new version!?
One of my favorite features in Screenium was the ability to pause a recording, and for that pause to add a break in the video/audio files. That allowed me to quickly set markers for various takes or different shots without have to stop the recording. For some reason, that feature was removed, and there does not appear to be a way quickly edit long recordings anymore. Now it’s basically like Quicktime Screen Recording. Please add some feature in to add markers or something.
One step forward, two steps back...
I have been using Screenium since version 1 to prepare tutorials for our softwares. Overall, this software does the job, capture your screen or a portion of it, with multiple audio tracks.
My problem is the features that are constantly removed as new versions came up. First, in Screenium 2 you can’t choose the video codec nor where to store the videos, quite annoying if you were in 2012 using the some older versions of SSD drives as your boot disk…. but thats history, that setting is back now.
Now, with Screenium 3 your screen captures are in some propietary format that you need to export before been able to use it in your favorite video editor. This means one extra step and up to 15 minutes for a 10 min video (on my i5 processor). Finally, that red frame that used to be there, since Screenium 1, when you where capturing a portion of your screen.. is gone, so you need to find out another way to know which portion of the screen you are recording. Also, hotkeys for “Pause” and “Add Chapter Mark” are gone, so is the “Mouse Area” recording mode.
Update (3.0.1): Export is faster now.. thats all, still no red frame.
Really loving this app!
I was hesitant to try Screenium because of the mediocre reviews, but I’m SO glad I did. I was frustrated with the complexity of Screenflow and Camtasia and wanted something that was easier to navigate. Screenium is very intuitive and I am able to create screencasts quickly with no guessing re: what quality will be exported.
I emailed support at 2am because I was having an issue with exports. In less than an hour, I got an email back with a patched version (the App Store version should be updated soon) and was able to meet my project deadline. That alone sold me on Screenium even moreso than the simple UI. I highly recommend this app if you just need to record good quality screencasts without a ton of options (though there are plenty of options for adding animations, text, etc.).
- Synium Software GmbH
- 34.2 MB
- English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Synium Software GmbH Germany
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.