By Synium Software GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Record exactly what you see on the screen and turn it into a screencast in next to no time. Screenium 3 lets you record at 60 frames per second, offering optimum performance for your tutorials, gameplay recordings or any other screen content you wish to record. If you work with an ultra-high resolution 4K or 5K display or a Retina Mac, Screenium 3 puts you on the safe side as it creates the smoothest video quality possible for these types of devices.
But Screenium 3 offers much more than ultra-smooth video capture. Take advantage of numerous convenient tools that will help you create your perfect screencast. For example, you can embed iSight-footage as a Picture-in-Picture clip, add audio comments or hide your desktop or desktop symbols during recording. Screenium also records the mouse pointer as a separate track so you can visualize mouse clicks or edit them at a later point without any hassle.
Screenium's comfortable and powerful video editor provides you with all the tools you need to cut your footage, embed texts or add effects, transitions, or animations. Accentuate mouse clicks, add geometric shapes or hide screen sections that contain personal information. Of course you can also edit audio tracks and add filters to them. Using text synthesis, you can even add multilingual audio comments or auto-generated voice tracks.
Screenium 3 Overview
- Ultra-smooth 60 fps recording
- Supports any screen resolution
- 3 recording modes: Full screen, area selection, specific window
- Optionally embed FaceTime camera footage as a Picture-in-Picture clip - Visualize mouse clicks
- Incognito mode to hide desktop, desktop symbols, or simply Screenium
- Highly optimized for multi-processor Macs
- 4K and 5K recording at full frame rate
- Full support for all Macs with Retina displays
- Versatile, convenient editor
- Versatile video effects and transitions
- Templates for text or graphic overlays
- Numerous audio filters
- VoiceOver using your own voice or auto-generated voice tracks
- Export files, share via e-mail, Messages app or direct upload to video portals such as Youtube and Vimeo
What's New in Version 3.1.3
Fixes for an upcoming release of OS X
Freezes the Screen While Recording
I have been using Screenium for about 2 years and now it has not been updated since Oct 2016. When doing long screen recordings it has been freezing the frame, while continuing to record my voice and mouse gestures. So when I view the video I can see the frozen fram for the last ten minutes of the full recording. This has to be updated and fixed. I really hope they have the money to hire their developer to fix this issue and update the app.
Worst of the recorders
Had to trash this recorder. It not only takes forever to export to desktop, the exported quality is extremely poor compared to other apps. One app takes three minutes to export a 45 minute recording to the desktop, for comparison, Screenium takes 8 minutes to export a five minute recording.
Hrs to upload to YT
The video I want to upload is only 1 Minute and 32 seconds, but it takes about 2 hours and 45 minutes to uploud to youtube or could end up not uploading at all I fear, is this normal? I used to use Bandicam to record videos, and tthe videos did not take hours to upload, if theres a way to figure something out about this, please help!
- Category: Video
- Updated: Aug 30, 2016
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © 2016 Synium Software GmbH Germany
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor