Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Now FREE!!! ***
Capture the screen as a layered PSD for easy editing.
Capture the Desktop, Dock, Menu Bar, Cursor and every Window as separate layers in PSD format. Open and edit in Photoshop, Pixelmator or other graphics tool. Hide, reorder and move layers.
Easy To Use:
- Menu bar icon
- Global Keyboard Shortcut: ⇧⌘5
- Timed Screenshot: gives you 5 seconds to set up the screen
- Creates PSD files in the folder of your choice
- Option to automatically open the PSD when you take a screenshot
- Captures windows with shadows
- Layer name from window (unicode support)
- Handles transparency
- Capture full-screen windows & everything hiding behind
- Capture the Cursor
- Handles Launchpad, Mission Control, Notification Center, Spaces, Expose & Widgets
- Double-resolution capture in Retina/HiDPI modes (e.g. 3840x2400 capture in 1920x1200 resolution)
- Works with dual displays
- Windows outside the screen are cropped
What's New in Version 1.1
- Capture the Cursor in a separate layer
- Automatically open the PSD when you take a screenshot
- Improved color and transparency handling
Several clear problems:
- Cursor won’t be captures in “Adobe Illustrator” for example. Thus app is useless for screen capturing process shots.
- Cursor not showing up when captured in Yosemite either?
- Zero customization. The prefs control is a joke. I want to set my own hot key. Having it shift command 5 causes the cursor to change look.
- No way to tell app to capture only primary screen, thus two displays are captured. Waste of time.
Looks like it would be promising but just not working well on my 5K iMac running latest Yosemite OS.
Very nice app
If you do a lot of training documentation and video tutorials, this app is an amazing way to capture your screen and remove unwanted distractions. Simple and effective. Would agree that it would be nice to group the layering, but doesn’t make or break the app at all.
Very cool app
This is very similar to Layersapp at less than 1/5 the price at retail. It saves all your screen elements into a layered PSD file.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Nov 01, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Divakar Shekhar
- © 2012 TXTLABS
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor