If you want to try before you buy, check out the Lite version here:
ScreenSynth is a keyboard, fretboard or fingerboard for playing music. You can connect to a MIDI synth app/device or use the app's internal DX7 synthesizer for sound output.
- Configurable note layouts based on piano/fretboard/fingerboard instruments (e.g. piano/guitar/bass/violin).
- Touch force sensitive, for piano-like control over the volume of each note played.
- Drag your finger over the screen to create vibrato or bend/gliss sounds between any pair of notes. Use this to play bluesy note bends or experiment with microtunings or carnatic music.
- Connect to other synthesizers (apps or devices) using MIDI output.
- Or use the app's internal low latency emulator for the DX7 line of synthesizers to produce a wide range of sounds.
- Your own DX7 6-operator FM patches (.SYX files) can be loaded and used so you can add more instrument sounds.
- Can show you how to play songs by highlighting sequences of notes that should be played.
- Import your own songs (.MIDI files) that you can then learn how to play.
- No ads or data harvesting!
This release adds a proper piano layout - check it out in the Layout Menu.
Extra options added for controlling note glissing in the "Effects" Menu:
- control over gliss "smoothness"
- enable/disable glissing between rows
Also, you can now disable further calibration of touch force, once you have got the calibration to a level you like, using the "Touch Force" Menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Yea so it's really good playing wise, with nice touch feel. The one setting for glide and lock pitch was great so it can be like frets or as it is like fretless. Need to figure the Dx patch loading and it will rule. I wish there were a few synth parameters though...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.