By DFTi, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scribbeo allows individuals and groups to view, comment, and collaborate on visual content.
• Annotate video & images directly on screen
• Email notes and markups via PDF/HTML
• Notes include timecode, date, & initials
• Collaborate with other users using our free Scribbeo Server
• AirPlay and AirPrint compatible
• Local, Network, and Live Transcode modes
IMPORTANT: Live Transcode Mode allows viewing only (No annotation or timecode support.) Visit www.scribbeo.com for more information. Use our forum to report any issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scribbeo is a Universal app that works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Use Scribbeo to expedite complex communication threads.
"This app is fantastic. I can't imagine myself trying to work without it."
Shane Brennan Writer-producer (NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Summerland, CSI: Miami)
In order to use our free Scribbeo Server your system requirements are as follows:
Mac 10.6 and up
INSTALLATION AND CONNECTION:
• Download and install our free Scribbeo Server from www.scribbeo.com/server.
• See details on installation and use at www.scribbeo.com/explore/networkmode
The Scribbeo Server uses ffmpeg as a core component for the “on the fly”conversion process. The following codecs are supported in Scribeo Live Transcode Mode:
• And more at http://ffmpeg.org/general.html#Video-Codecs in the “Decoding” section
IMPORTANT: Currently Pro Res and Avid MXF formats are not supported.
• Please direct any issues and suggestions to our forum located at www.scribbeo.com/forum.
• Support is available via email from email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.2
* Fixed timecode accuracy with new timecode library
WARNING: New timecode library is incompatible with time codes made from older versions. Older versions are also incompatible with timecode made from v1.2+
* Fixed sliders layout
* Fixed email button
* Fixed deleting notes function
Awesome idea but with a Fatal Flaw
As others have mentioned in the reviews, this program is awesome for video professionals and editors. However, until the developers fix two huge problems (both of which are listed in the reviews below), it's useless, or worse. 1. The TC in the thumbnails doesn't match the actual TC of the video. This is especially noticeable when the video has BITC. There's really no point to having TC if it doesn't match. 2. Also mentioned below, when you get to the end of your video, ALL YOUR WORK IS DELETED. There's no way to get it back, and there's no way to save while you're working. It's like if you were to write a script in Final Draft and when you typed "the end" the script was completely deleted, forever. I spent 3 hours on a plane from NY to LA doing notes on a TV program and lost every bit of it when I typed my last note! The first time it happened I thought it was just a random crash, a bit of bad luck, but when it happened the second time, I vowed never to use Scribbeo again. I would love to be able to use this program, but until there's a way to save your work (other than emailing it) and the TC matches the video, I'm afraid I cannot. And if those things are fixed, I will change this review to 5 stars immediately.
Love it. As a video professional, it's a a huge productivity gain to use Scribbeo for reviewing and suggesting changes to your editor. I'd give it 5 stars, but the latest release has a few bugs to work out. I'm using it on an iPad with an .h264 compression on the Scribbeo Server app (again, awesome). However, the thumbnails generated do not always reflect the scene at the timecode I'm at. This is a recent development, so maybe something happened in the last release.
Suggestion for a new feature: Allow me to filter/sort my changes by timecode to make it easier for my editor.
Sometimes I go back over the video and find additional changes, however they end up at the end of the list, and there's no way to filter and then eamil by timecode.
But overall, this is an awesome app, and if you are in the business of reviewing video from your editors, this app is for you.
Great program with URGENT need of an upgrade.
I love Scribbeo. Must have recommended it to át least 20 video pros which love the ability to review offlines from their iPad. However, this app is in URGENT need of an update to solve the following errors:
1. Fatal bug which deletes ALL of your work when you reach the end of the clip.
2. No support for botes on other languages. Text goes berzerk when you include an "á" or an "é"
3. Strange bug which sometimes makes it impossible to do playback once you have any annotations and are restricted to scrolling the video with your finger.
That being said, this is a REVOLUTIONARY app that allows me to soend more time with my family while giving editors much more precise notes about their work and my directions.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 02, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DFT i, LLC
- © 2012 DFT i, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.