Scribd gives you access to an unlimited* number of the best books, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and more. We make it easy for you to stay informed, discover new passions, and feed your curiosity. No matter what you’re looking for, Scribd is the only reading app you need.
Explore trending topics, get personalized recommendations, or check out collections hand-picked by business leaders, tastemakers, and our editors.
Membership includes monthly access to an unlimited number of the best books, audiobooks, documents, and magazines.
• Access an unlimited number of the best books and audiobooks, including award winners and bestsellers in every genre.
• Access to articles from Bloomberg Businessweek, Time Magazine, People Magazine, Foreign Policy, Entertainment Weekly, Newsweek, ELLE, ESPN, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Men’s Health, New York Magazine, and more.
• Access to select articles from The Associated Press, NPR, the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes official government reports, academic dissertations, detailed scientific studies, and more.
• Unlimited access to a selection of books and audiobooks, hand-chosen by our editors.
• Download titles to enjoy at any time, even without an internet connection.
• Sync across all of your devices.
• Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 which automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Large foreign-language catalogue, plus a 30-day free offer.
Why do you blatantly advertise your app is unlimited for audiobooks but user have to actually stumble upon reviews and articles that discuss your deliberate use of throttling if you think someone is listening to audiobooks too much?? You do understand that this is not unlimited, right? Why don’t you advertise this part? And please, don’t tell me “it’s in our terms and conditions”... you know, very well, that customers don’t have time to read that or even understand most of it, if they did read it. If Zuckerberg can acknowledge the fact that he knows no one reads Facebook’s terms on the Hill, surely you know better...I’m new to your service and I am anxious to see when you will decide I’ve listened to too many audiobooks on my UNLIMITED plan. What is the limit, btw? Is there a formula you use? I’d like to know it up front so I actually do know what I’m paying for. Is 10 a month too many? 5? Then what?...you give me a date when I can start listening again on my UNLIMITED plan??... how many books before you throttle my UNLIMITED plan that month? Really, I’d like to know. I think most people would like to know exactly what they are paying for. I have a suspicion that this service will be a bait & switch, and that is unfortunate.I will review again after some time passes.
Hi there - Thank you for reaching out to us about this and I completely understand your concerns. We do not throttle all audiobooks, just certain books within a certain book category if the system detects heavy usage. I'm happy to chat more with you about this; please send us an email to email@example.com with ATTENTION JAMES in the subject line and I'll personally answer all of your questions and resolve any issues you might be experiencing. Thank you!
Great selection - at first
So first of all, I’m very grateful for this app. I use it during work - basically just mowing all day - to listen to audiobooks, and they help make the time fly. I haven’t had any playback errors where I lose my place, but if I do go to something else and come back after a while, the app is likely to have restarted itself. This means I’ll have to go, open up the audiobook again, then it won’t load, so I’ll have to go to the table of contents, restart the chapter, and fast forward to where I was. It’s a tedious process.
A wall that I’ve run in to lately is that most of the books that I want to listen to, best sellers (Red Rising, Sea of Rust, etc.), aren’t available until next month? Some of them I’m fairly sure I’ve looked at before and they’ve been available a day earlier. Now, maybe it’s a subscription thing, where you only get x amount of “premium audiobooks” to listen to each cycle. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve listened to a fair number of works already, and I’ver been very happy with them as I would have had to pay much more normally. However, I find it unfair for the app to boast about its “reading without limits” without making it clear, somewhere, that there are in fact limits.
Hi there - I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our app and I'd love to get this resolved for you ASAP. If you have already sent us an email, could you please reply to this review with your ticket number? If you haven't yet, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTENTION JAMES in the subject line and I'll personally take care of this. Thank you!
- 170.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.