Scribd gives you access to an unlimited* number of the best books, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and more. We make it easy for you to stay informed, discover new passions, and feed your curiosity. No matter what you’re looking for, Scribd is the only reading app you need.
Explore trending topics, get personalized recommendations, or check out collections hand-picked by business leaders, tastemakers, and our editors.
Membership includes monthly access to an unlimited number of the best books, audiobooks, documents, and magazines.
• Access an unlimited number of the best books and audiobooks, including award winners and bestsellers in every genre.
• Access to articles from Bloomberg Businessweek, Time Magazine, People Magazine, Foreign Policy, Entertainment Weekly, Newsweek, ELLE, ESPN, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Men’s Health, New York Magazine, and more.
• Access to select articles from The Associated Press, NPR, the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes official government reports, academic dissertations, detailed scientific studies, and more.
• Unlimited access to a selection of books and audiobooks, hand-chosen by our editors.
• Download titles to enjoy at any time, even without an internet connection.
• Sync across all of your devices.
• Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 which automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
In this release we've added new content personalization options to better suit your reading preferences.
Ratings and Reviews
Large foreign-language catalogue, plus a 30-day free offer.
Great selection - at first
So first of all, I’m very grateful for this app. I use it during work - basically just mowing all day - to listen to audiobooks, and they help make the time fly. I haven’t had any playback errors where I lose my place, but if I do go to something else and come back after a while, the app is likely to have restarted itself. This means I’ll have to go, open up the audiobook again, then it won’t load, so I’ll have to go to the table of contents, restart the chapter, and fast forward to where I was. It’s a tedious process.
A wall that I’ve run in to lately is that most of the books that I want to listen to, best sellers (Red Rising, Sea of Rust, etc.), aren’t available until next month? Some of them I’m fairly sure I’ve looked at before and they’ve been available a day earlier. Now, maybe it’s a subscription thing, where you only get x amount of “premium audiobooks” to listen to each cycle. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve listened to a fair number of works already, and I’ver been very happy with them as I would have had to pay much more normally. However, I find it unfair for the app to boast about its “reading without limits” without making it clear, somewhere, that there are in fact limits.
Hi there - I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our app and I'd love to get this resolved for you ASAP. If you have already sent us an email, could you please reply to this review with your ticket number? If you haven't yet, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTENTION JAMES in the subject line and I'll personally take care of this. Thank you!
Was awesome until I found out it’s not truly “unlimited”
I absolutely LOVED this app at first (despite some glitches during audio playback), and I recommended it to basically anyone who’d listen! However, after having listened to five or so audiobooks while driving to and from work over the past month, I have discovered that most audiobooks I would want to listen to are now unavailable to me until August 13. I imagine this was buried somewhere in the terms & conditions (and I am a lawyer, so I should have known better and actually read through them in their entirety!); however, I feel like it is pretty deceptive for the app to advertise “unlimited” access and then limit users’ access. I feel like I need to warn the people to whom I recommended the app. Guess it’s back to podcasts for me! Probably going to cancel my subscription knowing that I can only listen to a handful of the audiobooks I would like to listen to in a given month. I realize this is still a pretty great deal compared to other apps, but I feel cheated due to the promise of “unlimited” books. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth!
- 189.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.