Scribd gives you access to an unlimited* number of the best books, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and more. We make it easy for you to stay informed, discover new passions, and feed your curiosity. No matter what you’re looking for, Scribd is the only reading app you need.
Explore trending topics, get personalized recommendations, or check out collections hand-picked by business leaders, tastemakers, and our editors.
Membership includes monthly access to an unlimited number of the best books, audiobooks, documents, and magazines.
• Access an unlimited number of the best books and audiobooks, including award winners and bestsellers in every genre.
• Access to articles from Bloomberg Businessweek, Time Magazine, People Magazine, Foreign Policy, Entertainment Weekly, Newsweek, ELLE, ESPN, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Men’s Health, New York Magazine, and more.
• Access to select articles from The Associated Press, NPR, the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes official government reports, academic dissertations, detailed scientific studies, and more.
• Unlimited access to a selection of books and audiobooks, hand-chosen by our editors.
• Download titles to enjoy at any time, even without an internet connection.
• Sync across all of your devices.
• Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 which automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Large foreign-language catalogue, plus a 30-day free offer.
It’s getting worse.... and it’s not unlimited
It’s a lie, it’s not unlimited. Also all my saved books were moved to not ready until my subscription renews. So yeah I’m paying for “unlimited” but I’m not getting it. I knew it was too good to be true. The annoying thing is when you submit a ticket all they give you a bunch of legal bs about how they have to remove some books from unlimited bc of the publisher. Funny how my wife who also has it and has a separate account has the book I want but mine says not available. It’s getting frustrating for sure. The latest in this lie of an app is that at the end of the month you get a wonderful email saying x amount of books are available.... and they are not. My wife had 20 books available and when she jumped on the app only two we actually available and the rest are now available soon for the next month!!! So you will wait a whole month then nope still not ready.
That’s my whole issue with Scribd they are false advertising with unlimited and don’t tell to what your limit is. I’m fine with limited I understand it but at least informed your customer what those limits actually are. If they said you get 5-7 books hell I’ll take that over who knows you might get that book you been waiting all month long for....
Hi there - I want to apologize for the confusion and frustration you may be feeling. We have released an article that will hopefully shed some light on these recent changes, at bit.ly/2w8420d. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help. Thank you!
Great selection - at first
So first of all, I’m very grateful for this app. I use it during work - basically just mowing all day - to listen to audiobooks, and they help make the time fly. I haven’t had any playback errors where I lose my place, but if I do go to something else and come back after a while, the app is likely to have restarted itself. This means I’ll have to go, open up the audiobook again, then it won’t load, so I’ll have to go to the table of contents, restart the chapter, and fast forward to where I was. It’s a tedious process.
A wall that I’ve run in to lately is that most of the books that I want to listen to, best sellers (Red Rising, Sea of Rust, etc.), aren’t available until next month? Some of them I’m fairly sure I’ve looked at before and they’ve been available a day earlier. Now, maybe it’s a subscription thing, where you only get x amount of “premium audiobooks” to listen to each cycle. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve listened to a fair number of works already, and I’ver been very happy with them as I would have had to pay much more normally. However, I find it unfair for the app to boast about its “reading without limits” without making it clear, somewhere, that there are in fact limits.
Hi there - I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our app and I'd love to get this resolved for you ASAP. If you have already sent us an email, could you please reply to this review with your ticket number? If you haven't yet, please send us an email to email@example.com with ATTENTION JAMES in the subject line and I'll personally take care of this. Thank you!
- 185.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.