Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
An extensive support for Siri Shortcuts enables you to present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
Your scripts can be run from the Scriptable app, from a Siri Shortcut or from other apps using the share sheet extensive or Scriptable’s URL schemes.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you could create:
- Show structured weather data from your favorite weather provider in Siri.
- Parse an JSON file provided as input and process the data in the parsed object.
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Make Siri show a random dog image.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Extensive support for Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- Three different themes. Whether you’re into light apps or dark apps, there’s a theme for you.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
This update makes all of Scriptables documentation available at docs.scriptable.app. The online documentation works very well next to Scriptable in Split View on an iPad. All of Scriptables documentation is still available offline in the app.
Visit the forum to get help, share your scripts and get inspiration for new scripts. The forum is located at talk.automators.fm.
- New: Online documentation is now available at docs.scriptable.app.
- New: Added link to online documentation from settings.
- New: URLs to the online documentation can now be shared from the app.
- New: The app can now open docs.scriptable.app URLs to present the documentation directly.
- New: Actions that can be performed using the scriptable:// URL scheme, can now also be performed using the universal link open.scriptable.app, e.g. open.scriptable.app/run?scriptName=Example. See the documentation for URLScheme for more information.
- New: Added Image.size to get the width and height of an image in pixels.
- New: Added Contact.organizationName, Contact.departmentName and Contact.jobTitle and Contact.namePrefix.
- New: Supports indenting multiple selected lines of text using the TAB key on an external keyboard.
- New: Shows indent and auto complete keyboard shortcut in the overlay displayed when holding down the Command key on an external keyboard.
- New: Use the Shirt+Command+7 keyboard shortcut on an external keyboard to toggle comment.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where the TAB key couldn’t be used to indent code when the cursor was at the beginning of the line if the line wasn’t empty.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where the last line of a script wouldn’t be totally visible when using an external keyboard.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where Request.loadString() would sometimes return an error saying that the response could not be parsed into a string while the response was in fact a valid string.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where the implementations of atob and btoa was swapped. Yes, this is one of the embarrassing ones.
Ratings and Reviews
I see great potential
1. Documentation I don’t think should be a secondary window. If you can make it a sidebar, that would be huge.
2. Maybe include some common JS documentation too.
3. This is probably asking for too much, but automation for our automation app. It gets really annoying writing out every word so if the Scriptable app could auto add ending curly braces, etc.
If these three things were to be implemented, heck, I’d buy you as much coffee as you’d like :)
One thing I can’t seem to make it do is behave as an input/output step in the actual Shortcuts app. It might be nice to offer a script with a return value as a suggestion there.
but, I opened the app, and noticed one of my saved script was one..
*In other words, the app automatically deletes scripts it chooses to (Randomly, or selected by the developer).
Also, Apple App Store and the developer, take note of this, this App “Scriptable” does not appear under the cellular data section, therefore it means one cannot put off the cellular data for the app.. noting the face that The Apple iPhone does not have 100%(total) control over the app..
This is wrong, a very massive bug, please this needs to be fixed..
This App has too much access to the apple iPhone. Please developers fix this..
- Simon Stovring
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $0.99
- Large Tip $4.99
- Medium Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.