By ScriptPad, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ScriptPad transforms your iPhone or iPad into a digital prescription pad, allowing you to write electronic prescriptions and respond to refill requests from your office or on call.
- Certified by Surescripts(TM), the nation's e-Prescribing network
- Full-featured demo mode
- Optimized for both iPhone and iPad
- Completely secure -- no patient information is stored to the device itself, and all patient data is encrypted in transmission and on our servers
- Syncs patient information and history across all your devices
- Share patient information and medication history with other physicians in your clinic
- Supports saving favorite medications, to allow quickly prescribing common scripts
- Send prescriptions to over 57,000 chain and independent pharmacies
- Process electronic refill requests directly from your iPhone or iPad
- Works via cellular network or WiFi
ScriptPad's e-Prescribing service is available to US-based prescribers with valid NPI, DEA, and state license numbers.
What's New in Version 0.9.12
Addresses a potential crash in more recent versions of iOS.
Needs Many Improvements
Looking for an ePrescription app would seem easy. Unfortunately there are no perfect apps yet. I took the plunge and paid the $1 to check it out. This isn't even useful to me as a subspecialist. Looking at it I doubt they consulted with anyone who takes care of patients as it will save me little time over hand-writing scripts.
Pros: Interface is clean. Pre-loaded pharmacies clearly the best feature of the app. I really WANT to like this app, I can see it becoming a very efficient tool.
Cons: Not sure it even sends the scripts to pharmacies, Can't customize ANYTHING. Can't write scripts for schedule 3 meds (which can still be faxed in many states). Feels like this app is what the developers do in their free time and not their primary focus...probably trying to sell it off which means yet another app that won't be supported in 1-2 years so be wary. Also unknown cost to use it at this point.
Rx-Writer seems like a better app but too expensive to use in daily practice to make the 1.5% Medicare bonus worth pursuing by ePrescribing, and for its price should include surescripts data.
Works well for me.
I don't know if people pay more attention to the reviews that start with, "I never write reviews for apps...", but I never do. It's good at what it does, and I haven't had any issues with it like some other reviewers. The customer service folks are great with them. Very fast turnaround.
I've never experienced an app that will not open immediately after installing--until now!! Crashed immediately & has yet to respond. Can't even attempt to register or set up account. Don't bother!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Sep 21, 2012
- Version: 0.9.12
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ScriptPad, Inc.
- © 2012 ScriptPad, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.