By Inkless Ideas LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 selling movie script writing app in the world!
Write that Hollywood blockbuster movie script anywhere with Scripts Pro. You can create, edit, or review your scripts whenever creativity strikes -- in the coffee shop, at home, or on the go.
Designed for film and television screenwriters to provide industry standard screenplay formatting and powerful editing capabilities in a beautiful interface. Scripts Pro even imports, exports, and preserves your Final Draft 8, Celtx, and formatted Text files from most desktop script writing software.
When writing in Scripts Pro you forget about the app all together and are focused entirely on the story. There is no cluttered interface or complex solutions to writing. Script writing in Scripts Pro is just as familiar as writing in your favorite desktop application. You'll be able to take advantage of intuitive features like easy element switching, Tab button, suggestion pop-ups, as well as scene rearranging and more. Your script files stay automatically synced across your devices with iCloud. You can even import and export files with Dropbox, iTunes Transfer, and Email. All these features make Scripts Pro the ultimate screenwriting tool for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
* iTune's New and Noteworthy, In the Director's Chair, and Focus on Writing
* App Store's Top 100 iPhone and iPad Productivity app in 104 countries
* "Beautiful new interface that makes screenwriting a breeze" - AppAdvice.com
* "Scripts Pro focuses on the creative process, giving you the space and freedom to unleash your full creative energy onto the page." - iPhone Life Magazine
* 'Best Filmmaking Apps' - movieScope Magazine
* "Use your iPad to write that Oscar winning script anytime, anywhere with Scripts Pro." - G4TV's Attack of the Show
INTELLIGENT ELEMENT SELECTION TOOLBAR AND TAB KEY
- Quickly switch through elements directly from the toolbar or use the Tab and Return buttons.
IMPORT AND EXPORT FDX (FINAL DRAFT 8), CELTX, AND TXT FILES
- Work seamlessly with your favorite desktop software like Final Draft 8 and Celtx. Your formatting, .fdx notes, font treatments, and index cards will be preserved for the round-trip. You can even work with Movie Magic and Movie Draft using formatted .txt files.
- Share your scripts in PDF format.
READER / PREVIEW MODE
- Read through scripts like you would in iBooks with accurate page numbering.
- Scripts Pro has iCloud baked in, so your scripts stay up to date across all your iOS devices automatically.
DROPBOX, iTUNES AND EMAIL TRANSFER
- Import and export options include Dropbox, wired, and wireless iTunes transferring, and Email.
POWERFUL SCRIPT RENDERING ENGINE
- Scripts Pro’s robust rendering engine provides blazing fast performance with no lags for working with large scripts.
SCRIPT VERSION HISTORY
- Access all of your scripts from any time and day in the past. It's like having your own personal time machine for scripts!
- Concentrate on writing and without worrying about typing the same names and phrases over and over. Tapping suggestion pop-ups will automatically fill in Characters, Scene Headings, Transitions, and much more.
- Jump to, rearrange, and delete scenes for real time scene updates in the script editor.
BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD SUPPORT
- Use your external Bluetooth keyboard to hammer out that award winning script anytime, anywhere.
- Wirelessly print your scripts straight from your device.
- Scripts Pro is designed for both your iPad and iPhone. No need to purchase two separate versions.
- We're here for you. Email us if you have any questions, issues, or just to say Hello - firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us: @scriptsapp
Be a fan: facebook.com/scriptsapp
What's New in Version 3.2.2
-iOS 7 Compatibility Updates
-Start-Up Crash Fix
More updates are on the way. If you have a request shoot us feedback!
For Scripts Pro 3.2.1 we've channeled our efforts on making the best writing experience even better!
Here's what's new for this version:
-Script Version History
We've added a useful feature for accessing all of your scripts from any time and day in the past. It's like having your own personal time machine for scripts!
-PDF Export Option
We got tons of requests for this one so here it is. No in-app purchasing necessary. Simply export your script and you'll see the option for pdf listed. Share with whomever you wish.
-Updated for iPad Retina, iOS 6, and iPhone 5
Apple keeps updating their stuff and so do we to be compatible. The new retina display should look amazing on your retina iPad. If you have an iPhone 5, enjoy the extra space to read and write your scripts.
-New richer wood background and UI improvements
One word. Gorgeous.
-Various Minor Improvements
We've updated support for desktop screenwriting software formats with Scripts Pro. Added safeguards to prevent loss of work when using multiple devices and limited Wi-Fi availability. Anything else we think could have been improved, we did it.
-Various Bug Fixes
We're always squashing bugs and this release is no exception. Thanks to everyone for their feedback and bug reports.
Thanks for making Scripts Pro the #1 selling screenwriting app in the App Store.
Really good/useful Script writing
I am not a professional script writer, but I was looking for some easy to use software to jot down some ideas on both my phone and ipad. This seems to be a great solution. It took me a moment to get used to it (I am sure those used to Final Draft will have no problem). While the guide is helpful, I would love a little bit of a "new users guide" that would talk about the structure of the script (where to use components like a shoot, transition, etc). Again, I know the pros already know all this, but it would be handy to have. The layout seems nice, I would like the ability to add character descriptions and add in locations though. Other than that, I think it definitely is justified for the price as I would pay a lot more for final draft, and I love that it syncs with the ipad!
***Update*** I can't seem to find an email address for app support (the documentation is just the user manual) so I am posting in review and hoping they will contact me. My script does not seem to be syncing between my ipad and iPhone even though it is listed in icloud. Hoping to get help on that.
Other than that, still enjoying app - still wish I could write in character descriptions in the character menu, and wish it had a "basics to writing a script" manual that explained elements like the parentheticals...other than that, enjoying it!
As soon as purchased the app named Scipts Pro, within a few hours, I already encountered these problems:
1-when trying to delete a scene, the app repeatedly crashed.
2-wrote a several lines of description and first a few words of each paragraph showed up in a much bigger font in preview mode.
3- when using Bluetooth keyboard, the app doesn't allow me to use the on screen keyboard space which shows only black.
The app was asking me to rate it repeatedly and annoyingly, several times in the first hour. Then I tried to email these to the developer, with the built in feedback e-mail thing, and the right portion of the feedback e-mail didn't show up, I could see curser moving but couldn't see what I write.
Anyway, they replied saying that they are sorry about these problmes, which was better than no reply, I guess.
I tried to use the app a few more days. And tonight, it repeatedly crashed when trying to upload a long scene that I wrote to the Dropbox as a FDX file (so I can get the scene in Final Draft). This was a deal breaker. I tried to upload the same scene as a TXT file, the app crashed again. Tried emailing FDX and TXT, crashed again and again. $12 for this? Then I decided to write this review and ask a refund from the app store. This app is clearly useless.
Our class is using this for script writing, but it would be nice if you could preview your work in landscape mode. Sure you would have to scroll down to read an entire page but it's convent for people like me who like it in landscape mode.
Also, when you separate an action into two paragraphs you can't join them back together again. This leads me to another problem, when you copy and paste sometimes odd characters will appear before and after the thing you were copying and pasting.
It would be nice that if you changed a character name, it will also change it's name in the actions and dialog, not just the character line.
I'm sure there was more that I would have liked to mention, but I just got really sick of the please rate up window pop up. Hopefully it wont show up again lol.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 46.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Inkless Ideas LLC
- © 2014 Inkless Ideas LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.