By Literature & Latte
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Featured in App Store Best of 2016 ***
“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.” —Michael Marshall Smith, bestselling author
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.1.5
• Fixed serious bug in Dropbox sync that was causing crashes for many users.
• Web page import now checks to avoid hangs caused by invalid URLs.
• On iOS 11, long-pressing a document link now opens it.
• Added support for .heic and .heif image files, the format now used by the iOS camera on 11.2 and above.
• Fixed bug whereby compiling to plain text with both “Titles Use Markdown Levels” and “Convert to Basic Markdown” checked would cause hashes in Markdown headings to be escaped.
Must embrace Files/iCloud
I have loved Scrivener for a long time, but the move to iOS does not bring with it the kind of file management iOS users need and expect. iOS 11’s document providers and Files app finally allow us to manage our documents the way they make sense, even if apps used their siloed iCloud Drive buckets, and that’s what every other writing app does. Scrivener needs to follow suit. It’s not okay to rely on a third-party syncing service, and it’s even less okay not to provide the OS-level options for document management. I realize sync is hard, but if a console-quality 3D racing game can do it with iCloud Drive, I bet Scrivener can, too.
A Great Product Made Beautiful
What can I say? Scrivener 2 was utlitarian, a powerful tool that made writing far more efficient than Microsoft Word . This version is all that and so utterly beautiful. It makes writing a joy. The UI is brilliant and the new features make what was already a great product even better. The developer, a writer himself, is a genius at product design.
If you write for any purpose from short blog posts to novels and research tomes, get Scrivener. It easily adapts to your writing style, making your writing more enjoyable and productive.
Absolute worst and waste
Cannot figure out how to get this app to understand I have written 11 chapters not one. Doesn’t recognize that I’m writing anything other than just text or a note. Does not format anything for me absolute waste of money
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 06, 2017
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 28.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Literature & Latte Ltd
- © Literature & Latte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.