By Literature & Latte
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured in App Store Best of 2016 ***
“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.” —Michael Marshall Smith, bestselling author
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• "Dark Mode" is now available via Settings app or the gear button menu inside Scrivener projects. Perfect for tired eyes.
• You can now use emojis as document icons in your projects.
• More custom icons are available.
• Dropbox syncing has been rewritten to be compatible with Dropbox's API 2.
• Scrivener can now check for changes on the server before opening a Dropbox project.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and refinements.
• 1.1.1 fixes a bug whereby 1.1 showed in the App Store as being available in languages other than English. (Scrivener is currently being translated into nine other languages, but the translations are not yet ready.)
Very easy to use, solution to DropBox sync problems
Scrivener is very easy to work with on my iPad. I took it on a trip and worked on a number of new projects created on my iPad. However, on return, I tried to set up the Dropbox sync and it didn't work. Thanks to Jeff at Literature and Latte for working through this with me over several detailed replies. The options are to backup my iPad to iTunes on my iMac and work with files from there or, easier, to sync with Dropbox and work from there. Projects cannot exist in both places. However, when I first (and many subsequent attempts, reinstalls, etc) tried to sync my existing iPad Projects to Dropbox, a folder was created, but it was empty. The Projects and the empty folder showed in my iTunes file browser. So, I understood what was happening, but couldn't fix it. Today I decided to add a new "Test" Project on my iPad with one file in it. Then I synced with Dropbox. For the first time, a Dropbox list appeared in my iPad's Projects list and the Apps/Scivener folder in Dropbox showed my "Test" Project. From there, Jeff told me to tap edit on my iPad and drag the projects from "On My iPad" to "Dropbox". Did that, synced, all is well. Also synced with iTunes and now the file browser shows the folder and it's no longer zero kb. Hope this helps someone with the same issue.
Scrivener for iPhone & iPad ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Words cannot express my regret. The other was young, sleek, and provocative. My first love for you had become cold and I lost my focus in our routine. The other caught my eye as I drifted from our special time together every day. I was unfaithful. I am sorry. Please, forgive me.
I was bored and I hoped to stir the passion of our first love, even if it was with another. The lure was shiny and I swallowed the baited hook. It was delicious for a time, until the hook’s barb pierced my deceived heart. My pleasure was momentary and melted faster than a triple scoop ice cream cone on a hot summer afternoon.
I missed you. Then I learned about your iPhone and iPad child. Its images reminded me of the memories we made, the stories we wrote, and the time we enjoyed together along the way.
Can you ever excuse me and absolve my guilt? Will you always hold a grudge? Will you forever remind me of my mistakes?
I am back. I understand your skepticism. You know my nature, and there will always be another dangling its lure in my face.
In the meantime, let us write stories together again, research the unsearchable, and enjoy one another’s company again. Fill my phone and complete my pad.
Maybe, one day, you will again trust me to be loyal. If you must, although I hope you will not, I will understand your decision to look for subscribers and their prepaid promise of loyalty and wealth. The other did.
There are many, but none like you. Thank you.
But for background
For drafting a novel, there really isn't a comparable program that I'm aware of that performs nearly as well as Scrivener. In terms of design, Scrivener is simply the best for writing a book.
I'm withholding a fifth star for one reason only, and that is the inability to customize the background color of the screen in the iOS version. Dark Mode is a major step forward, however; finally, a setting that allows for hours of writing without so much of the visual fatigue. But... you still can't get to black screen/green text, or to a darker background color as you can with many other other text editors that offer the ability to customize the color of both the screen (i.e. "paper") and text. It makes a real difference on the eyes for long stretches of writing, and I hope the ability to customize the background color in iOS will be forthcoming.
This is a remarkable app, otherwise.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 16, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Literature & Latte Ltd
- © Literature & Latte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.