By Literature & Latte
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured in App Store Best of 2016 ***
“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.” —Michael Marshall Smith, bestselling author
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• "Dark Mode" is now available via Settings app or the gear button menu inside Scrivener projects. Perfect for tired eyes.
• You can now use emojis as document icons in your projects.
• More custom icons are available.
• Dropbox syncing has been rewritten to be compatible with Dropbox's API 2.
• Scrivener can now check for changes on the server before opening a Dropbox project.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and refinements.
• 1.1.1 fixes a bug whereby 1.1 showed in the App Store as being available in languages other than English. (Scrivener is currently being translated into nine other languages, but the translations are not yet ready.)
Google Drive and other cloud services support please
I love the app, I truly do and the new dark mode was a very pleasant surprise.
But I'd love to see support for google drive within the iOS application. I have an account with unlimited storage in Google Drive, naturally, all my school and work team projects are stored there. So needing to have my scripts stored on Dropbox and everything else on G Drive, when I come back to my mac (for editing or coming back, being further down in production) and having to sync from two different places it kinds interferes with my personal/team pipeline of work.
I know mine is a very specific case, but I know a lot of people that use different cloud storage services and they are kinda married to them, so I think that this awesome app would be amped up by having this type of flexibility, like you do in desktops (choosing where to store/sync your files).
Keep up the good work 👍🏼
Lack of iCloud Breaks Experience
It may seem like a small gripe to have with an otherwise extensively and lovingly designed app, but lack of support for iCloud is a deal breaker for me. I got a Dropbox account just for this and continually have issues with conflict documents being made. Ulysses supports iCloud, along with thousands of other apps. While I appreciate the difficulty of creating apps and integrating cloud support, at this point I've streamlined my life's workflow to iCloud and have no issues with its backend. I tried Dropbox and it just didn't work.
Unfortunately I will be supporting Ulysses until/if iCloud support is fully integrated.
iCloud Support Needed
Echoing the below. If you have work spread across multiple platforms then Dropbox is an excellent service, but if you work entirely within the Apple ecosystem it's wildly convenient to just use iCloud. I'm not setting up Dropbox just for Scrivener support when almost every other productivity app can sync via iCloud.
If you only plan on writing on one machine, or if you're a Dropbox user then utilize this app; it's great. But if you want flexibility to work across devices via iCloud there are other equally well designed apps that fully support doing so.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 16, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Literature & Latte Ltd
- © Literature & Latte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.