By Literature & Latte
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Featured in App Store Best of 2016 ***
“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.” —Michael Marshall Smith, bestselling author
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.1.3
- Updated for iOS 11 support.
- Use Files app to import files into projects.
- Use Files app to import projects from elsewhere or to open projects stored in Scrivener's container.
- Export and compile files to Files app.
- Drag and drop text in Scrivener's editor.
- Quick Reference can now be used in horizontal mode on the iPhone +.
- Fixes a bug that can cause new or imported projects not to upload to Dropbox properly.
- Improves the workaround for an iOS 11 typing bug.
Whoever the Linux user happens to be should understand that there needs to be enough interest in that platform for the developer to spend weeks and months to write the app for it, and it’s just not there. Initially this app was written for Mac, with Windows (because they’re still stuck using a buggy and poor OS from Microsoft) added for some, and then iOS due to the high demand. There is no demand for Linux. Nor for any other insignificant platform.
But for those serious about writing and demanding the best tools available, MAC and iOS runs Scrivener seemlessly and is packed full of useful and helpful tools to make the writing experience worthwhile, and profitable. And the developers at Literature & Latte are always there to help and fully back their product. So for those Windows and Linux users, get a Mac and get on with some serious writing without the whines and complaints you have brought on yourselves. I’ve used Scrivener since day one, and stand behind my decision and its developers 100%.
One of my go-to writing tools
I’ve written a number of bestselling and award-winning novels in Scrivener, since I bought my first copy of the Mac software several years ago. I waited (impatiently) for the iOS version, hoping it would at least come close to the same incredible writing experience as it’s big brother.
The reality is that the iOS app may actually be a better tool than the desktop version. Having the ability to write and edit from anywhere, to sync my documents to Dropbox, even to export to Word format for sharing with editors and beta readers—all from my iPhone—is an incredible boon to my production.
I’m a fan. I love the ecosystem of this software. I even believe, strongly, that Scrivener was the pivotal tool I needed to become a full-yeah me author in the first place. Very well done. Five stars may not be enough.
Happy at last!
I was ready to be ornery and nitpicky after the years of waiting and the high price, but the app quickly won me over. For the most part, it's actually an improvement over the original. Many features that seemed clunky in the desktop version translate beautifully to iOS. The extended keyboard is a brilliant solution to easy access of oft-used features.
My one issue is that selecting text is ferociously difficult to control. The mechanism is so overly sensitive it will slip and slide over dozens of lines back and forth until I'm finally able to grab the handful of words or lines I want to highlight or edit. This can waste considerable time, aside from being tedious in the extreme. Other writing apps I use don't have this problem.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 27.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Literature & Latte Ltd
- © Literature & Latte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.