This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“Now You Can Write the Great American Novel on the Subway... Scrivo Pro is capable and powerful” ***** New York Times
"Even if you don't use Scrivener, Scrivo Pro is a useful and powerful writing and editing tool. But, if you do use Scrivener, you'll appreciate the user interface and design" ***** iMore.com
“The other great advantage is that I can work in Scrivo Pro without an internet connection...” ***** Writeorconsequences.com
App featured by Apple on the "Best apps for writers" collection!
You have a story to tell, article to publish, class notes to take, whether it’s today’s journal entry, tomorrow’s thesis or a future bestseller novella. Scrivo Pro can help you organize your writing, research, generate ideas, and remove distractions so you can focus on the most important thing: writing.
Scrivo Pro is more than an innovative, fast and reliable writing app designed for anyone who writes. This is a writing workspace for your iOS devices and a great Scrivener and Ulysses companion on your Mac or Windows computer.
If you are a Scrivener 2 or Scrivener 3 user on your computer, Scrivo Pro will open your projects (binder and cork-board with index cards) and seamlessly sync them via iCloud or Dropbox.
+ WRITE. FORMAT
· Write Everywhere: Use Scrivo Pro as an stand-alone writing app even if you don’t have a computer or you are offline in the wilds
· Typewriter: Distraction-Free mode that keeps only the paragraph you’re typing at the center of the screen, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Night mode to help you writing at night
· Create rich text format (RTF) and advanced Markdown (MD) documents
· Our Markdown engine supports the standard syntax but it has been extended to include very useful extra markups: tables, footnotes, lists, images, links, highlight, strikethrough, superscript and MathML
· Advanced RTF formatting: Highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text & paper color
· Find and replace
· Pinch to zoom text
· Insert special symbols arrows, parentheses, maths, bullets/stars, GPS location, etc.
· Over 30 languages typing support including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic & Hebrew
· Extra keys: tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
· Set your own custom keyboard buttons to your commonly-used keys, text snippets or hard to reach characters
· Define margins, headers/footers, paper sizes, MLA and APA style format
· Live counters: characters, words, sentences, words per sentence & reading time
· Text to Speech for proofreading
· Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
+ ORGANIZE. STRUCTURE. FIND
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders
· Sync projects between Scrivo and Scrivener via Dropbox or iCloud
· Design the cover of your notebooks
· Create projects in a tree-like structure: Sections, Drafts, Folders, Chapters, Research, etc.
· Full-text search your library of documents and projects
+ RESEARCH. SCAN. PDF LIBRARY
· Full PDF reader and manager included for reference files, ebooks, articles, resources, papers, etc.
· Use the camera of your iPad/iPhone to scan documents, notes, recipes, tickets, etc. as PDF
· Use split-screen and multitasking side by side with other apps while writing
+ SHARE. EXPORT
· Import/Export from iCloud, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Google Drive support
· Export, share and print your documents to multiple formats like RTF, Markdown, PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT etc.
· Zip folders/notebooks and email them as an attachment
+ USEFUL MINI-APPS FOR WRITERS
· Font Book: Preview all the fonts and install new ones (TrueType). Over 120 high quality fonts included!
· Character Name Generator to create male/female names in more than 7 languages
+ BE SAFE. PROTECT YOUR WORK
· Protect your work with an app security passcode
· Protect any folder or project with a passcode
· Automatic Backups
--- Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter @scrivoapp if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions --- If you like Scrivo Pro, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps. If you have any comments or issues, please contact us directly via email email@example.com
Scrivo Pro 4.5.0 - Now Scrivo Pro can open and edit documents in place using the iOS Files app.
Scrivo Pro 4.4.7 - Fixed a problem with the "Email this folder" option, now it compresses (Zip) correctly all the files and folders.
Scrivo Pro 4.4.6 - Improved performance and fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.4.5 - Fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.4.0 - Improved iCloud document syncing
- Fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.3.3 - New feature: Drag and drop documents (even several documents) into a folder and other locations to move and re-arrange easily your stuff. Move or copy documents from other apps too using the standard iOS 11 drag and drop gestures
- Improved performance and fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.2.3 - Improved compatibility with Scrivener 3. Fixed a crash while opening some S3 projects.
- Improved performance and fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.2.1 - Fixed the dark menus on iPhone
Scrivo Pro 4.2.0 - Now you can create, edit and import Scrivener 3 and Scrivener 2 projects via Dropbox and iCloud!
- Fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.1.6 - Fixed the cursor keys in the 9.7" iPad Pro
- Improved performance and fixed iOS 11 minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.1.5 - Full iOS 11 Drag&Drop support between Scrivo Pro and Files app documents (and other apps)
- Improved iCloud syncing performance
Scrivo Pro 4.1.2 - New feature: Mail multiple documents in 1 email directly from the projects binder
- Fixed the passcode bug in the file browser. Now protected folders are hidden in the file list.
- Fixed bug in the cursor keys (iPad Pro 10.5" only)
Scrivo Pro 4.1.1 - Added support for dragging documents from our document browser. Supports adding more than one document to a drag session. (iOS 11 only)
- Fixed bug in the size of folder and document covers and previews while using multitasking split screen
Scrivo Pro 4.0.1 - Improved documents and Scrivener projects syncing via iCloud
Scrivo Pro 3.9.8 - Improved performance and fixed minor iOS 11 bugs
Scrivo Pro 3.9.7 - New file rename UI, quicker and easier
Scrivo Pro 3.9.5 - Fixed iPhone "close" panel bug
- Fixed iOS 11 minor bugs and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 3.9.4 - Faster Scrivener syncing, fixed the Scrivener projects long delay during syncing via Dropbox
- Fixed minor iOS 11 bugs and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 3.9.3 - iOS 11 Files app document providers supported. You can now open/save all kind of documents directly from the new Files app, so Scrivo Pro can now access any iOS document provider like OneDrive, GDrive, Dropbox, Box, webDAV, etc.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
3.9.1 - Improved Dropbox document syncing
- Now you can use smaller font sizes than 9 points
- Dropbox framework has been updated to the V2
3.8.7 - Improved Dropbox syncing for Scrivener projects
- Fixed the problem with line breaks and new paragraphs in Markdown documents
- Now you can change the font, line spacing and margins of the generated PDF or HTML from a Markdown document
- You can import and edit .txt (plain text) files
Scrivo Pro 3.8.6 - Improved Dropbox support
- Improved support for iPad Pro 10.5" multitasking and split-screen mode
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 3.8.0
- Fixed the Read Aloud voice rate bug on iOS 10
- Added a new "Preview" button to render and preview a Markdown document quickly
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but lose too much work
I use Scrivener and love it. I thought Scrivo Pro would make editing easier as I could take my iPad on the train and bus and read over work in places where it was inconvenient to pull out my laptop. Boy, was I wrong. I want to like it, and when it works, it works great. But it took forever to figure out how to sync it with Dropbox, and even now that it's synced, I've lost so many files to the syncing process (and I do mean lost - the .rtfs are empty) that this app has just made me paranoid. It doesn't seem to notice if it hasn't synced fully with Dropbox, so you can be working on an incomplete sync (even an hour after opening the app) and saving over your current file without noticing. The only way I could have avoided that was to check all 80 items in this binder were synced fully before beginning work, and I use Scrivener to make large documents easier to edit, not more tedious. I'm sure I'll keep using it since I bought it. But from now on I think I'll reserve Scrivo Pro for finished documents that need polishing, and won't require much syncing.
Great for basic writing
I have been using various versions of Scrivo for writing a novel over the past two years and work in the app every day. It is much easier to customize screen background color & text color/size and offers much more flexibility in this respect than Scrivener which only allows for 3 background screens, none of which are dark enough for my taste. I find this makes a big difference in reducing eye strain, and hence do all of my drafts in Scrivo Pro.
I have not had any problems losing documents, in either iCloud or Dropbox (manual sync) and generally like the Scrivo layout for storing documents and creating folders. It serves my purposes anyway.
The only recurring issues are small bugs that never seem to go away. Most of then concern the stability of font size, line spacing, and line-break functionality, but they only pop up every now and then and I have found easy fixes for each (by closing and reopening the document or just resetting the style). Were it not for these, I would give it 5 stars because it does what none of the other apps seem to do as well: provide a distraction free writing environment for writing, as opposed to forcing you into markdown mode, with a wide array of screen and text colors to choose from.
If you are looking for a simple, flexible app for writing, this might be for you.
Great For Plotters & Pantsers!
If you plot your story within Scrivener by adding the key elements to the card descriptions then this app work great for you. It is a well supported app, the team have built and continue to refine an app that works very well with Scrivener.
Gave feedback to the team and they were super responsive. Can view those notes on your cards and can then go inside a specific card and write. So if you've plotted the story out beforehand, you can see these plot notes and make changes to them and then dive in to writing.
The app also syncs with Dropbox very well. This is a great app for traveling Scrivener writers who like to plot. For pantsers, it's also good to go...ps. I paid for this app and don't know these guys, it's just a great app which deserves recognition. Thanks team Scrivo Pro!
- Kairoos Solutions S.L.
- 83.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Studio 5 Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.