With an advanced clay engine and artist-tested tools, Sculptura is the most intuitive and powerful 3D sculpting app ever designed for your iPad. Sculpt engaging characters, ghastly monsters, or even intriguing abstract art anywhere you are.
"Blindingly good... Hands down the best I've used for sculpting on iPad Pro." -- Rob McCallum (Total Recall, Jumper, Ghost in the Shell, Pacific Rim)
• A high-resolution clay sculpting engine. Never worry about meshes or triangles. Cut holes freely.
• Full GPU acceleration. Sculptura accelerates every part of sculpting using Metal.
• Powerful, intuitive sculpting tools. Tested by professional artists.
• Long undo history. Sculpt without worry.
• Beautiful real-time rendering. Your sculpture looks great throughout the process.
• Carve — subtract or add material
• Deform — push or pull
• Smooth — slow or fast
• Cut — cut out a polygon
• Cylinder — add or subtract
• Sphere — add or subtract
• Pinch — contract material
• Flatten — make a plane
• Resize — resize your entire sculpture
• Move - reposition material
• iCloud integration and iOS 11 Files App support
• Support for Apple Pencil
• Artist-created templates for starting points and inspiration
• Fast OBJ file export. Other formats coming soon!
• Easy-to-use materials and lighting
• Symmetric sculpting
• Quickly change viewpoints
• Surprisingly small files
Minimum Recommended Hardware: iPad Pro 1st Generation. Apple Pencil recommended.
Sculptura is also available for Mac!
- Improve sliders.
- Move less frequently used UI to a More menu.
- Reduce memory usage when using the Move Tool.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Move Tool features are finally patched in!
Prior to this update, it would take me 5x longer to make a decent looking model in this app using whatever sculpting workarounds I could muster, compared to what I could do in other desktop apps. Now that the Move Tool’s available, I’m able to crank out decent models as quickly as with similar desktop apps, minus the desktop/laptop+pen tablet clunkiness. The lack of any copy/paste and transform features is still a minus, but at least I’m able to make entire figures in a neutral T-pose and then export the figure (either as a whole or in pieces (Duplicate model, use Cut Tool)) to another modeling package for posing, welding, and finishing. The developer says the next feature coming down the pipeline is going to be Layers. If the transform tools are going to be integrated with it, that might provide me what I need to pose the model away from the generic T-poses.
Developer Response ,
Hi T.Serafica! Thanks for the long and detailed review! We've posted a little roadmap on our forum, and we'll have a Move tool by version 1.2. We're close to finished with 1.1, so it's not that far off. The code for the move tool will make import a lot easier, as well.
We hope to get you to 100% Sculptura :) cheers!
Just worked for 4 hours on a project. Closed the app. All progress completely reverted to an earlier version. I’ll never use this again.
Developer Response ,
I'm so sorry that you lost work! Using Sculptura for 4 hours would trigger Apple's auto-save code many times, and I don't have any other reports of lost work, so it's unlikely this sort of thing is Sculptura's fault. It could be a storage issue with your iPad. Please contact me at email@example.com so we can troubleshoot (specifically, I'd like to know if you were storing the document in iCloud or on your iPad).
Best Sculpting feel yet on IOS
So far I love where this app is going. The controlled ability to rough out forms and slice geometry feels more like desktop digital sculpting than anything that I’ve used on IOS. Procreate was the reason that I bought an IPad Pro. This may be the app that justifies an upgrade to the 2018 iPad Pro for me. Im really looking forward to see Sculptura developed to it’s potential. I’m a professor of game art & industry veteran.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Amphiblien! Glad you are liking Sculptura! I've got some cool things in the works. By the way, Sculptura is super fast on the 2018 iPad Pro :)
- Halfspace LLC
- 118.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Halfspace LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.