Anna, Gunter, Zehra et al. all have companions, so why shouldn't you? ScytheKick is your sidekick for Scythe, the award winning board game from Stonemaier games (http://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/).
ScytheKick has five main tabs:
Use this tab to randomize picking factions and player mats from the game, and select which players are Automa and which are human. Offers a repick option if the player doesn't want the random combination, or swipe up and down on the images to manually select. Swipe left and right to review what the other players got. Up to two players are supported. Additional players can be unlocked with the Premium upgrade in the ScytheKick Store.
Use this tab to randomly pick the tiles at the start of a match, like the Structure Bonus Tile. Resolution and Airship Tiles can be unlocked with the Wind Gambit Expansion from the ScytheKick Store.
For solo mode or additional AI opponents, this tab creates a page for each Automa opponent (with all four difficulty levels available). Use the buttons to draw turn cards, combat cards or discard and advance the star tracker, or optionally double tap to draw and dismiss cards. Automatically reshuffles and flips from Scheme I to Scheme II. One Automa opponent is available in the Preview mode of the app. Additional decks can be unlocked with the Premium upgrade in the ScytheKick Store. Use the Automa Helper (gameboard icon) to solve Automa movement via an upgrade from the ScytheKick Store. Swipe up or tap the map button to bring it up. On compatible devices, view the Automa movement in augmented reality using the AR Board Upgrade.
On this tab, you can simplify end game scoring when counting stars, territories and resources, coins and structure bonuses. Tap the numbers to update the values, and tap the icons to move to the next category. Swipe left and right to move between factions if a match has been set up in the Faction Picker. Automatically divides the resources by two, so just enter the number you have.
Includes settings for:
* Manage In-App Purchases in the ScytheKick Store
* Online user guide.
* Adjustable volume
* Disable screen locking when Automa is in use
* Including Invaders from Afar factions (unlocked with the Invaders from Afar upgrade in the ScytheKick Store)
* Choosing whether Automa are friendly to other Automa players for the Automa Helper solver. Choose if Active Airship Variant is used. Select the board size for the AR Board.
* Smooth Popularity Track mode awards coins not just based on the three tiers on the Popularity Track, but interpolates linearly between each level and also counts odd numbers of resources. Scores at popularity 3, 9 and 15 score as normal, but scores higher and lower increase and decrease. For example, scores between popularity of 6 and 7 are closer with the setting mode on.
ScytheKick is an unofficial companion to the board game Scythe, produced with permission of the game designer. Scythe is a trademark of Stonemaier LLC. Content and art is reproduced with permission. Special thanks to Jamey Stegmaier, Jakub Rozalski, Kai Starck, Morten Monrad Pederson, David Studley and Lines Hutter.
* Features in 3.6.1 *
* new AR Board Upgrade available via the In-App Purchase Store. Enhance the Automa Helper experience with an augmented reality view of the game board. Place units and solve Automa movement directly while viewing the Helper units superimposed on the board. Swipe up to toggle between the regular view and the AR view. Requires the Automa Helper, a device that supports ARKit running iOS 11.3 or later.
* Speed up information marquee.
* Fixed a few crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Must-have for fans of Scythe
Board gamers who enjoy Scythe will enjoy it even more with this excellent app, especially when playing solo. It handles the occasionally complex Automa rules for you if you buy the upgrade, which I highly recommend. A great app!
Excellent automa companion
I mostly play Scythe solo and have found this app a very convenient way to run multiple automi players without the need for extra physical decks or running through the automa decision flow chart. Highly recommended.
Great App Makes Life Easy
SM Games are always on point. Only delivering the most quality of products.
The only criticism I have is that you can only select up to 5, where you can’t get to 6 or 7 players.
You can get the 6th and 7th factions with the Invaders from Afar Expansion in-app purchase
In-App PurchasesSee All
AR Board Upgrade
Automa Helper in Augmented Reality
Automa Helper Upgrade
Shows Automa movement on a gameboard screen.
Unlocks multiple factions and Automa
The Wind Gambit Expansion
Airships and Resolutions support.
- Timothy Cherna
- 99.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tim Cherna
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $3.99
- Automa Helper Upgrade $2.99
- The Wind Gambit Expansion $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.