By County of San Diego
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Disaster Preparedness Starts With You.
Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to plan in advance: how you will contact one another; how you will get back together; and what you will do in different disaster situations. The SD Emergency App contains disaster preparedness information, interactive checklists to help you to create your emergency plan, build an emergency supplies kit, and when disaster strikes; the SD Emergency App will keep you and your family informed with emergency updates, interactive emergency maps, and shelter locations.
The County of San Diego Office of Emergency Services (OES) created the SD Emergency App to better prepare and inform San Diego County residents and visitors about disasters. With SD Emergency, the tools you need to plan, prepare, and respond in an emergency are right at your fingertips.
Follow us on Twitter @SanDiegoCounty and @ReadySanDiego
Find us on Facebook!
What's New in Version 8.2.10
1) New Recovery section containing Local Assistance Centers, resources, and the Red Guide to Recovery
2) Share Emergency Plan/Kit - E-mail your plan and kit contents including expiration dates to family and friends which they can import into their app.*
3) Import Emergency Plan/Kit information from friends, family or other devices.*
4) Backup and Restore* Emergency Plan/Kit from iCloud
5) Receive local notifications when items in your Emergency Plan/Kit are expired.
6) New Settings section
*Importing or Restoring an Emergency Plan/Kit will overwrite any existing Plan/Kit information stored in the app.
This app has helped a ton!
Living in areas where fires are constant year-round, this app helps keep me informed first about what's going on and how best to evacuate if necessary like we've had to many times over the last several years. I also love knowing that my husband and kids have access to our emergency plan on here should we get separated or anything. Great tool all around. :)
Works well with iOS 5
This apps is pretty smooth, no crashes yet. Where's my tent?
This app is very helpful. Love it !
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 8.2.10
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: County of San Diego
- © County of San Diego
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.