By County of San Diego
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Disaster Preparedness Starts With You
Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to plan in advance: how you will contact one another; how you will get back together; and what you will do in different disaster situations. The SD Emergency app contains disaster preparedness information, like:
• The ability to import or create your own emergency plan, plus the option to share with family and friends*
• The ability to build an emergency supplies kit that can be backed up and restored*
• Notifications when your emergency plan and kit are expired*
And when disaster strikes, the SD Emergency app will keep you and your family informed with:
• Emergency updates
• Interactive emergency maps
• Shelter locations
Plus, the app features a recovery section with resources during the aftermath of disasters.
The County of San Diego Office of Emergency Services (OES) created the SD Emergency app to better prepare and inform San Diego County residents and visitors about disasters. With SD Emergency, the tools you need to plan, prepare and respond in an emergency are right at your fingertips.
For more information, visit http://www.readysandiego.org
Follow us on Twitter @SanDiegoCounty and @ReadySanDiego
Find us on Facebook!
*Importing or Restoring an Emergency Plan/Kit will overwrite any existing Plan/Kit information stored in the app.
What's New in Version 8.2.55
Added Spanish language option, accessibility features, font size adjustment, American Sign Language and audible Disaster Info Updates.
Does what it needs to do
The app seems to be rather good for giving notifications. However, the general interface need some improvements.
Doesn't open in iPhone 6
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 15, 2015
- Version: 8.2.55
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: County of San Diego
- © County of San Diego
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.