By Edward Zeigler
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Enjoy square dancing without a live caller!
This is the app you need for your iPad or iPhone to use prerecorded square dancing tips. It replaces what people have historically called "tape group". No more tapes, no need for a PC or PC emulation on a Mac. Install this app, create playlists from recorded tips in your iTunes library, then sync it up to your iOS device.
Connect your iOS device to a speaker and you're ready to go.
A simple interface allows you to select a playlist and then control the playback operation. Basic playback features include:
- play / pause
- mark the end of a sequence
- go back to the beginning of a sequence
- backup or skip forward a few seconds
- adjust volume
Other features include:
- tip timer to manage dancer rotation
- forward and backward track selection
- "Undo" for accidental sequence marking or backing up (iPad only)
- support for Bluetooth keyboards
Take advantage of iTunes for maximum playlist organization and tip selection. Create smart playlists and use iTunes sorting capabilities to create custom dances.
Some hints on organizing your iTunes library with the prerecorded tips:
- Set the Album to the name of the dance
- Set the Artist to the name of the caller
- set the Genre to Square Dance
- Set the song title to one of the tips called at the dance
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Added ability to speed up or slow down playback (iPad only). Touch gear icon above tip timer to reveal adjustment interface. Ability to quickly resume at 100% speed.
2. Added volume icons under slider to clarify slider purpose (iPad only).
3. Added ability to filter out smart playlists and playlist folders from the list of playlists on the initial screen. Default is to show all folders. Change settings in Settings app under SD Group.
4. Enhanced Undo to support Undo of auto next track. This enables you to go back to the end of the previous track after the player has automatically advanced to the next track. From that point you can select Over to repeat the last sequence of the previous track.
5. Minor bug fixes
1. Apple does not allow third party apps streaming music from iCloud, this version of the player enforces the restriction. Songs that appear in playlists but are not downloaded will display a warning icon on the playlist screen and will be skipped by the player. Use the Music app to download the songs.
Under the hood
1. Rewritten in Swift
2. Switched audio interfaces from Apple Music player to Apple AV player. Primary driver for this was to support the ability to change the playback speed without distorting the audio.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 03, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Edward Zeigler
- © Ed Zeigler
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.