Enjoy square dancing without a live caller!
This is the app you need for your iPad or iPhone to use prerecorded square dancing tips. It replaces what people have historically called "tape group". No more tapes, no need for a PC or PC emulation on a Mac. Install this app, create playlists from recorded tips in your iTunes library, then sync it up to your iOS device.
Connect your iOS device to a speaker and you're ready to go.
A simple interface allows you to select a playlist and then control the playback operation. Basic playback features include:
- play / pause
- mark the end of a sequence
- go back to the beginning of a sequence
- backup or skip forward a few seconds
- adjust volume
Other features include:
- tip timer to manage dancer rotation
- forward and backward track selection
- "Undo" for accidental sequence marking or backing up (iPad only)
- support for Bluetooth keyboards
Take advantage of iTunes for maximum playlist organization and tip selection. Create smart playlists and use iTunes sorting capabilities to create custom dances.
Some hints on organizing your iTunes library with the prerecorded tips:
- Set the Album to the name of the dance
- Set the Artist to the name of the caller
- set the Genre to Square Dance
- Set the song title to one of the tips called at the dance
- Minimum iOS version is now 10.2
- Updated to handle swift 4.0
- Resolved an issue with asking for Music Library access
- Added keyboard commands for B/b back to previous track, F/f forward to next track, I/i increase volume and D/d decrease volume
- Resolved a display issue with iOS 11 where the previous track button wasn't displaying on an iPad
- Resolved crash if resuming app and it doesn't have a track selected
- Resolved issue if tip timer set to off via temporary session settings, it still would timeout.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.