By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tired of seeing "Not Enough Available Storage" messages?
The Seagate® Mobile Backup app offers users an easy way to back up all of the photos and videos on your camera roll directly to a Seagate drive. Backing up can be done easily inside the home over a WiFi network. While outside the home backup via a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive over WiFi (where available) or via cellular data plan*. Simply install the Seagate Mobile Backup app on your mobile device and the Seagate Dashboard software on your computer to backup your Camera Roll. To allow for space to capture more memories, you can set the app to automatically delete the content from your cloud account once the back up has completed. Help keep your mobile content safe by backing it up on a Seagate drive.
• Back up videos and pictures on your camera roll
• Back up over WiFi (Backup Plus, Central)
• Back up via cloud services over 4G/3G or WiFi (Backup Plus)
This app requires the Seagate Dashboard software, which is included with any Seagate Backup Plus or Central drives.
Compatible with iOS devices running iOS 6.3 or later
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
*Data plan charges or fees may apply.
What's New in Version 1.4.22
Bug fixes, improvement in background mode
Took some effort but now works fine
This works great after I was able to synch the first time. It synchs well and I like that my pictures are on my private drive. When I first tried to backup my pictures, it kept failing saying it was timing out. I noticed that each time I attempted synching, a greater percentage would complete and eventually it reached 100%. I've used it for several weeks now successfully and have not had issues after the first backup.
Finally figured out secret to this software!
Proceed with the following steps (in order described) after installing the mobile app on you phone (I use iPhone 5) and backup S/W included (Seagate Dashboard). I'm using Windows 10.
1. Attach hard drive via USB to PC. Let PC recognize drive.
2. Start Dashboard software on PC. Click on Mobile Backup option. Wait 1-2 minutes.
3. Open mobile app on cellphone. Wait about 30 seconds. Click on round backup button to start backup process.
4. Percentage complete numbers will start flashing then will stop indicating 100% complete. Takes about 1-2 minutes for me.
5. I'm using WiFi option.
Took me a while to figure this out but it now works every time!
It does work IF you constantly throughout the backup wiggle your finger on the app. Otherwise, it times out in what seems like seconds & then you get a message on your lock screen that says to swipe & return to the app to restart the backup. Sometimes it hangs when it restarts and you have to completely close out of the app & restart. One can create an app which doesn't allow time out & stop, but this one won't do that. Seagate, do you think you can tweak or rewrite the app to stay open as long as backing up is occurring?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 16, 2016
- Version: 1.4.22
- Size: 27.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.