By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Seagate Media app gives you access to all the photos, videos, music, and documents stored on your compatible Seagate storage devices.
With the option to navigate with classic file/folder view, thumbnails or a range of filters, it’s easy to find exactly what you are looking for in your media library.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device, no Internet needed
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Be sure to enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network
• Automatically back up pictures and videos from your mobile device
• Stream media to Chromecast, LG Smart TVs and Roku devices
• Support for third-party media players allows you to stream videos with other apps installed on your device
• Synchronize your files on Dropbox and/or Google Drive*
*requires an Internet connection, only available on Personal Cloud and Wireless Plus devices
The following devices are support by this app:
•Seagate Wireless Plus
•Seagate Personal Cloud
•Seagate GoFlex Satellite
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
Due to issues in iOS 8, iTunes purchased videos cannot be played. We are working on a solution.
•Now sorts by track in Album view (was sorting alphabetical by title)
•Added Infuse as 3rd party player for unsupported videos (need to have Infuse installed, to use this function)
•Updated Casting code for Chromecast, Roku, LG TV
•Support for 64-bit devices
•Various enhancements / fixes
Not the best. Work harder!
It works, but it has improvement areas. It is great to have remote access to your media files, it scans and categorizes the type of files (music, photos, videos) by itself. Music plays well, pictures load ok (I wish it was faster), sometimes you have to download videos instead of streaming them (I guess it needs more decoders).
Thumbnails are repeated in different videos, the new interface is not very intuitive, mac hidden folders can be seen (you shouldn't for a regular user), your sort and view preferences are reset every time you open the app, when you go to previous screen it takes you to the top instead of remembering where you were at, etc.
Yes it works. Not the easiest app to navigate. My problem is when I download or save a picture to my camera roll (from the drive), the quality of the download is horrendous. I don't have a laptop to experiment on, but when I uploaded a pic from my iPhone to drive and then downloaded it to my iPad, the quality is not going to fly. I'd hate to upload my entire photo roll to this thing and find out all the pictures are now crap. Will debate returning and trying a different brand.
the app that turns your pics to crap
Awful. This thing is just awful. Every time I go to use it I want to throw it out the window. As another reviewer said, the quality of all my pictures that have exported to this device have all been reduced to crap. Wish I had realized this earlier because now, for a good portion of the photos taken from my phone & GoPro, the only copy I have is the one on this crappy device since I was using it to free up space on both those camera rolls. I'm so beyond frustrated with this piece of crap.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 08, 2015
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2015 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.