By Seagate Technology
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
Bug fixes and improvements.
Won't Stream My Music
Ok, so I can access my files on the NAS drive. Viewing pictures & documents works well enough. However....
Music>> while my music library is accessible it won't play (stream) my albums. I can play one song at a time -- it stops after each song until I manually forward to the next song. Hardly worthwhile in a party or any setting for that matter.
Tried creating a playlist or add highlighted music folders, but those options in the pull down menu are grayed out! Frustrating! 😣
Cursor Spins Forever
I like the idea of this app and I really need it to do what it's supposed to do, but it just doesn't. 9 out of 10 times I go to browse through my folders of photos or videos, the cursor just spins and spins and never brings up any files! So frustrating!
Then the few times it actually shows my photos, as I scroll through them, it starts selecting them like it thinks I should want to edit or delete them when I am just scrolling.
Needs improvements to be truly functional.
This app is horrible as well as the whole personal cloud setup. Lately the app just seems to crash, it won’t open. It used to open but just seemed as it kept searching. It would display my folders but it struggles to open content. It’s only gotten worse & no app updates to fix the issues has made it even more frustrating. I bought this whole setup to be able to access my drive from anywhere & I only have luck doing within my house. I wouldn’t recommend this drive to anyone.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 02, 2017
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Size: 121 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2017 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.