By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
• Add private folders to Seagate Media App (SMA) from your Personal Cloud*
• Access your Personal Cloud's new web-based Filebrowser app via Settings > Personal Cloud Files in SMA
• Open, create, edit, or save files in compatible 3rd party apps directly to/from Personal Cloud via remote access
• Support for casting music to Chromecast Audio devices
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• New features for Seagate Wireless, Wireless Plus, and Personal Cloud devices only:
- Moments view to see all your photos and home videos grouped by date
- Fast scroll in Moments view to quickly scroll through your favorite moments
- New filter and advanced search capabilities for your media files by camera make, camera model, creation date, and more
- Videos > Home Videos view
- Additional sorting options
*To add private folders to SMA over Remote Access, go to https://personalcloud.seagate.com/ and login. If your Personal Cloud device is accessible in the same Local Area Network, use your local Personal Cloud IP address and login.
From the Filebrowser app, select any folder(s) from your private share and click on "Add to Seagate Media"
The user interface is slowly getting better. I'm still waiting for full size images of music albums instead of the current tiny square versions. Also would be nice that the album artwork appears on the lock screen.
I'm glad to see genres and filter options to break down huge music libraries. However, it would be awesome to see true shuffle. Currently when you shuffle a genre or songs by alphabetical order. It only shuffles based on the first letter. For example you play a song starting with B. You're only get songs on shuffle starting with the letter B. I want a complete true shuffle, that shuffles all the songs without restricting it to the first letter.
Anyways, this update is a start in the right direction.
Great app, but needs a few things
This app and the Wireless Plus are indispensable on a deployment. That being said, I would like to suggest being able to only allow certain devices by MAC address. Also, create user accounts with unique passwords and access to only certain folders. Would like to see integrated web browser for HTML files. Lastly, how about a swipe up and down for volume and brightness like other video players. Great work! Keep it up!
Getting Better - update of (Refuses to play media) review
This app has been greatly improved over the past year! I can now navigate much easier. Connecting to an existing internet network continues to fail, even with the Seagate inches from my home's internet equipment my two networks cannot be found(??) to allow me to connect.
The HELP online info is barely acceptable. Password forgotten? - see the section on the drive freezing to learn how to handle the problem. The advice on using your iTunes library is unhelpful.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 123 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2017 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.