By Seagate Technology
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
What's New in Version 2.25.0
Fixes Remote Access issue linked to iOS 11.2.x (Sorry about that!).
Other bug fixes and enhancements.
Keeps disconnecting from chromecast
The app worked great in the past, no issues whatsoever. I’m not sure which update changed things, but now the app won’t stay connected to my chromecast for longer than 30 minutes, regardless of which device I use. I know it’s not my internet, but I’ve tried it on my phone, iPad, and galaxy tablet and lol have the same issue at around the same time. It’s annoying to be watching a movie, have it cut out on you, and have to reconnect then find the spot in the movie again. Same for if I’m setting up a queue for a show, I lose the queue every time it disconnects.
I’ve sent in bug reports about it, but it seems it still hasn’t been addressed.
The app crashes when trying to connect to personal cloud
I have personal cloud drive and it works well within my home network but when I try to connect remotely the app keeps on crashing on my iPhone X using the latest iOS.
It used to work great, please update the app
Latest update fixed the issue
Keeps crashing and can not do anything at all.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 2.25.0
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2017 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.