SEAiq is a full-featured marine navigation app.
It is the only marine navigation app that allows you to load your own charts in a variety of standard formats, including: S-57, S-63, iENC, BSB, and KAP. It also includes the ability to automatically download charts from NOAA for the USA and download of raster charts based on satellite imagery.
Other features include:
* Night color modes
* Anchor alarm
* Automatic download and display of weather (wind & isobar)
* Chart measuring tools (EBL/VRM)
* WiFi-based NMEA and AIS
No purchase is required to use SEAiq to view charts. All features are enabled during a 7-day evaluation period. After that, many of the features require purchase of an in-app upgrade.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Minor improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using SeaIQ for 2 years now. It was used to sail from fort Pierce to the Bahamas loading all Explorer charts (Raster). Then later loading all my vectors charts used on OpenCPN we sailed from the Bahamas to Cayman, Guatemala. Just had some issue with some S-63 charts - but I have the same issue with OpenCPN. The app is very intuitive and easy to learn. We are using it more now than our laptop and as a substitute to our Navionics chartplotter where some charts are unreliable. So far it is the best app for navigation. they could get all stars if I could use better Pacific Charts or my old CM-93 charts that are better than what their charts suppliers are selling!
Miserable chart downloader
Downloads, at least from the NOAA site, are excruciatingly slow in comparison to direct downloads from the site. Plus the app needs to be on screen with the iPad awake for downloads to complete. Any switching away can cause one or more chart downloads to fail, and you, rather than the app have to retry the update to pick up the missed charts. Lazy software design yields a poor user experience. The premium features would be worth the money but presumably the quality of the free version matches that of the paid version so no thanks.
My new favorite navigation app
I love this app, especially for their NMEA as AIS features as well as showing a data bar on the map. The only feature I'm missing is VMG.
- Sakhalin, LLC
- 29.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Sakhalin LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade for Premium Features $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.