SEAiq Pilot is designed especially for use by river, channel, and harbor pilots. It includes support for charts in the S-57, S-63, iENC and BSB/KAP formats and use of external NMEA/AIS over WiFi.
IMPORTANT: For non-pilots, we recommend SEAiq and SEAiq USA.
This app is free to download. All features are available during a 7-day evaluation period. An in-app purchase is required to permanently upgrade the app, otherwise after the evaluation period only basic chart viewing is supported.
Features unique to SEAiq Pilot include:
* Support for official HO S-57/S-63 marine charts
* Adheres to IHO S-52 chart display standards
* Predicted vessel display (with ROT)
* Docking aids displaying distance/velocity to wharf fenders
* Vessel catalog
* Supports WiFi based AIS plugs and Portable Pilot Units
* NMEA/AIS record and playback
* Waypoints, routes, ETA, XTD, speed limits
* Route Meeting Point
* Visual CPA
* AIS "virtual boarding"
* Mariners tools: VRM, EBL, Mariners Notes, Clearing Lines
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Minor improvements and fixes
* Fix for iPad Pro 3rd Generation dock bar
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent piloting software
SEAiq is excellent piloting software. It allows us at MPI incredible flexibility to connect to a variety of AIS and GPS equipment and to navigate on nearly any chart format in the world. Also allows import of DXF files so you can pilot on top of a CAD file, or use the Venture Farther plugin and navigate on top of google earth or MSST photos. This is great for testing proposed docks, berths and basins. Could not be happier with Mark and his support team. First class all the way!
Loads of functionality
Many, many useful features, easy to use, several levels from weekend warrior to professional navigator. I have it on my iPhone and iPads.
Inshore, Near shore, Offshore
I’ve been using SEAiq on iPhones, iPads, and a MacBook Pro for several years in many configurations including:
With and without cellular service
With and without NMEA-WiFi gateways
With and without on-board AIS
For US waters free NOAA charts (raster and vector) are always more up to date than proprietary formats.
It just works.
- Sakhalin, LLC
- 34.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Sakhalin LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade for Premium Features $399.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.