A beautiful and playful multi-voice synthesizer.
Seaquence lets you create, modify, and share musical compositions of swimming "planktone" creatures in a stereo-spatialized mixing dish. Each creature has a voice and a sequencer, and only the closest are heard as they swim around your view. With Seaquence's fully capable audio engine, you can create layered and dynamic compositions with a wide range of sounds ranging from ambient drones to intricately layered rhythms and transients. With its playful and colorful interface, even composers who are brand new to synthesis will be able to unlock their synesthetic creativity. You can save your sessions, post and share them, and explore the Seaquence Galaxy to listen what others have shared to get inspired.
Features included in download
• Polyphonic synth engine
• Dynamic spatial mixer and stereo-panning engine
• Up to 5 note polyphony per voice
• Up to 8 voices can be heard simultaneously (user settable)
• Up to 64 unique voices in a composition (only the closest voices are heard)
• A true multitouch experience, up to 11 simultaneous touch points supported
• Intuitive visual multitouch voice editor
• Unique swimming physics and swim behaviors — swim patterns are based on synth and sequencer parameters per-voice
• 16x16 multitouch step-sequencer matrix
• Radial chromatic scale editor with octave
• Amplitude envelope generator + length (ADSR+L) with curves and hold
• Precision, sample-based clock and sequencing engine
• Variable tempo, supporting 1 to 360 BPM with tap-tempo.
• Global session transpose
• 5 waveform shapes: Square, Saw, Tri, Sin, Noise
• Save your own session presets
• 30+ included session presets
• Social sharing features - post and share links to sessions
• Session links are maintained — trace back the history of a composition, see who remixed a session
• Audio and Video recording and export using Apple ReplayKit. Share performances!
Features of Seaquence Complete (unlocked with a single In-App Purchase)
• Per-voice state-variable filter with morphable hi-pass, band-pass, lo-pass, and notch modes
• Filter attack envelope generator with resonance (Q) and curve
• Step length subdivision: 1/1 to 1/64, including triplets
• Portamento/Glide with curve editor
• Additional monophonic voice modes: Sub-Oscillator tuned to a 5th and Detuned Unison
• Delay effect on the master channel with feedback and individual voice fx-send
• MIDI notes i/o per voice
• MIDI cc i/o per voice
• MIDI clock sync
• Assignable MIDI notes/cc/clock in/out per MIDI device
• User-adjustable MIDI Latency
• Optionally enable/disable Audio engine when using MIDI
You purchase directly supports our two-person studio and helps us continue to release updates with new features and bug fixes! THANK YOU for your support.
Additionally, 10% of all profits go towards supporting our community at Gray Area Org, a San Francisco non-profit arts organization. More info at http://grayarea.org.
• Built-in audio AND video recording/export using Apple Replay-Kit. Export audio and video to other apps.
• Enhanced MIDI support: Sources/Destinations can now be selected individually.
• Settings are now accessible in-app! No more iOS settings panel
• Tweaks to compressor settings resulting in larger dynamic range when lots of voices are playing. Experience greater fidelity in complicated mixes!
• Faster session loading
• Pinch Zoom
• New filter control which allows you to morph between the 4 different filter types dynamically, allowing for more expressive spectral control
• BPM and Transpose are now included in the free download
• Tap Tempo on BPM
• Play Audio in Background (option)
• Max Active voices -- set how many voices can play at once (option)
• Showing/hide note names in sequencer (option)
• MIDI Enable/Disable (option)
• More accurate and consistent MIDI clock / note timing
• MIDI latency adjustment
• Improved IAP purchase flow and messaging
• Updated graphics / icons
• UI Tweaks
• Various Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A brilliant and imaginative synth!
I was immediately drawn in to this immersive music creation experience. The delightful interface is capable of complexities that defy its simple and unique appearance. A wonderful synth for creating ambient and rhythmic soundscapes. Just a few minutes of experimenting will reveal some very impressive sounds and patterns. My kind of synth! Landscape mode, please!
Has a lot of potential
Still investigating it, but would like for it to be adaptable for various music styles more easily.
Beautiful and Inspiring...Devs Please Read:
Thanks for creating such a beautiful and inspiring music app!
It truly deserves 5 stars but because it's lacking landscape mode, it doesn't allow it to fit into my workflow on the iPad. Please add Ableton Link, Audiobus 3 support and Midi input and this app will go over the top and become a true Pro musical creation studio.
I do appreciate the ability to change or tweak Settings or synth sounds even before buying the full unlock IAP. Great job 🤗
Midi in would allow for realtime recording of chords or drums so please consider these requests.
Your app is being discussed over at the AudioBus forum so please stop by as most devs usually do to gather input from Pro musicians.
I love the app and look forward to the updates.
I highly recommend this app!
Bought the full IAP and it sync doe work but it is a bit tricky as I'm mostly now used to Ableton Link.
The internal Synth is very very powerful. I really like all the ability to tweak the internal sounds. However, once I had an organism sending its midi data to Moog Model 15, i wanted the ability to be able to turn off the internal synth for only that single organism.
While it did however work, don't now if it's a bug, it deactivated itself once i was outside the editing pages. So for now, the only way i see to hear only the external midi synths being played is to host them inside AudioBus and disable the internal synth engine of Seaquence.
I do hope this issue gets addressed as the sound engine is very powerful and i do love some sounds, but some organisms sound amazing using Moog Synths and others that are so powerful and awesome sounding.
Overall, i truly miss the landscape mode on my iPad. On the iPhone is no issue as it works perfectly. But having to switch my iPad from landscape to portrait is a pain specially when working with other synths via midi.
Oh, the midi out per organism is kind of tricky to figure out as it's not where you would think in the settings page, but rather in the organism's synth editing page. Which its okay but at first had me baffled. There are two settings i think the first one is to select input channel and the second one right next to the headphones icon, selects the midi out channel. I set both to the same and so far that worked perfectly. Pretty awesome sending CC messages to Moog Model 15!
I'm really loving this app more and more. It does say it has midi input but haven't messed with that yet.
So much to explore and learn in this beautiful SEA of musical organisms. Truly beautiful app!
Please Mr. Developers:
4. and would love the ability to record longer patterns without limit! If possible :) to build full songs.
WOW! This is a an app that will win awards, seriously!🎷🤗
Four stars for now until issues are addressed. But the app is definitely worth every cent and more. Five starts when issues get addressed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.