Seat Alerts – Airplane Seat Monitoring & Alerting
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
You've booked a trip to your favorite getaway but the plane is full and you're stuck in the middle seat, sound familiar? Let Seat Alerts® by ExpertFlyer help find you a better seat in 3 easy steps:
1. Look up the Seat Map of your flight.
2. Set up a Seat Alert to find window seats, aisle seats and more.
3. Get notified if your preferred seat is found.
Seat Alerts will monitor the available seats right up until the flight departs. If it becomes available you can change your seat when your Seat Alert notification arrives, just contact the airline or the travel agency that booked your ticket. Seat Alerts finds a window or aisle seat better than 75% of the time.
• With a Free account, you can set up one Free Seat Alert at a time using the Any Seat, Any Window or Any Aisle options. Other advanced alert options require a fee.
• Seat maps include SeatGuru® seat ratings so you know which seat is the right seat for you. Just click on a seat to see its rating and review
• If you need multiple Seat Alerts at the same time, additional alerts and alert options are available for purchase
• Supports over 150 airlines that have preassigned seating
Notes about app functionality:
• Account registration is required to use the Seat Alert app, this is so we can notify you of found seats and keep track of your alerts across devices.
• Miles Award or Upgrade searching and alerting is not the same as Seat Map searching and alerting. This app is Seat Map Alerts only. For Miles Awards & Upgrades, please use our website.
• Also works with ExpertFlyer.com Basic and Premium subscriptions to manage your Seat Alerts.
• Seat Alerts checks the seat maps several times a day. If you find and take an open seat before the next check of the alert, you won't be notified.
• To prevent abuse, a limited about of seat maps can be viewed each day, resetting every 24 hrs. Only a single seat map search is needed to create a Seat Alert.
What's New in Version 1.92.6
- Fixed minor layout issues
- Fixed an issue where some users weren't getting push notifications if they first installed Seat Alerts using iOS 10. All users should launch the app once following the update to ensure push notifications are setup correctly.
**If you like Seat Alerts please leave a positive review. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us directly at CustomerCare@ExpertFlyer.com**
I bought a paid seat alert for specific seats. I never got an alert but I found one of those seats open checking the airline's app on my own. The developer said in addition to selecting specific seats, my alert needs to set specific flags for whether those seats are premium, paid, or blocked.
I have no idea which seats are premium, paid, or blocked. I would think a modern app would automatically select the correct options if I request specific seats. But not here.
Just be careful with the paid alerts. You need to have all the flags set magically to the correct settings for it to work properly.
App works great!
The app is not meant to be the same as the website, anyone reviewing it that way can't read or didn't use it.
Works fine as long as you enter in the correct flight info. If the airport info does not match the flight number you will get an error.
Not upfront about the app
Installed this app and searched twice. 3rd time was a block message saying I've searched an excessive amount of times today? Really. 3 times is an excessive use of the app?
This is not explained and clearly this is a way to force people to pay without being upfront initially. Dishonest really.
Update: Yes developer, I have read your response but really, it was 3 times. In Australia it’s called being “scabby”. And the defensiveness of your responses should tell readers exactly what you are like as developers and the quality of your app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 1.92.6
- Size: 25.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Expert Travel Services, LLC.
- © 2004 Expert Travel Services, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Seat Alert$0.99