Seattle Times Mobile
By The Seattle Times
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Northwest news that matters — faster than ever. The new and improved Seattle Times app is superfast to get you right to the news you want. We deliver the fastest news experience possible, with content you won’t find anywhere else.
- Lightning-fast load times, quick-scan headlines and a clean, streamlined experience
- Push notifications for the latest breaking news as it happens
- The same award-winning content you expect from The Seattle Times, even faster
- Breaking news, trending topics and curated Editors’ Picks
- Stories that dig deep, and have a direct impact on our local community
- Easy ways to share your favorite content with your friends
- Complete local sports coverage of Mariners, Seahawks and Sounders, so you never miss a play.
We're constantly updating our app with new and exciting features to improve your mobile experience.
What's New in Version 3.1.7
- Improved iPad article layout, including smoother device rotation and optimizations for landscape mode
- Improved push notifications that take you straight to breaking news items
- A fix for improperly sized images in articles
- Bug fixes and overall performance enhancements
Keep local journalism alive
Good, solid journalism. I signed up for digital weekday and Sunday print edition, which works very well for me. I especially appreciate the alerts that let me know when an important news story has broken or been updated. The Seattle Times has done a good job of adopting digital technology and also offering customers who want a printed newspaper some options.
It's tough for traditional news operations like the Times to survive and it's more important than ever that they do. As a former journalist, I'm happy to support them and also get the benefits of staying informed through the local and national news coverage they deliver.
Keep up the good work ST!
Really obtrusive banner ad kills the experience
This version of the app is faster and easier to navigate, but there's a very distracting banner ad running persistently at the bottom of the screen, all the time, on all pages and menus. I fully embrace the idea that advertising is necessary to support the paper, but placing ads inline with the articles might be less jarring—and a more elegant way to present them. Also, there is broken functionality between this app and the mobile web version of the paper—the web version should offer to open story links in the app, instead of prompting users to log on to the website.
Overall very good
I subscribe to the online version of the Seattle Times because it keeps me in touch with my hometown even though I live far away.
But one aspect of the Times that I do not like are the features that referred to "what the national media is saying." That's just seems weak and shows a inferiority complex by the publishing staff. Or maybe the publishing step is just too cheap to have their own national take on things
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 31, 2016
- Version: 3.1.7
- Size: 69.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Seattle Times
- © The Seattle Times
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.