Seconds - Interval Timer HIIT
By Runloop Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LOOK NO FURTHER, you have just found the most advanced interval training timer on the App Store. Seconds has been downloaded over 4 million times, and has over 13,000 5-star reviews. Other interval timers don't even come close when it comes to quality, features and ease of use.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:-
Seconds is a paid app that you can trial for free. Non-paying users may only use the timers they create one time. If you do not mind the inconvenience of recreating your timers each time you need them, you can use the app for free for as long as you want. Alternatively, by upgrading you can use your timers as often as you like, and you will also be supporting the continued development of the app.
SECONDS AT A GLANCE:-
• Apple Watch
• Large clear display
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
• Custom timers to create any intervals imaginable
• Bluetooth heart rate sensor support
• Speaks your interval names in your language
• Loud or soothing alerts
• Coordinate music with intervals
• Universal app, works on all devices
• External display and AirPlay Mirroring support
• Runs in the background
• Supports iOS 8 and above
• APPLE WATCH
Seconds comes with an Apple Watch app that allows you to use your saved interval timers (upgrade required) on your Apple Watch without your iPhone present. It also comes with a Quick Timer editor allowing you to easily and quickly create one-off timers while you are on the go.
• LARGE CLEAR DISPLAY AND COLOUR CODING
The timing screen has a large time display that can easily be read from a distance. It works in portrait or landscape. The current interval and next interval are displayed so you can see also what's up now and next. The entire background uses the current interval colour so you don't even need to read the name.
• TEMPLATES MAKE IT EASY TO PROGRAM
Seconds comes with templates for HIIT, Tabata and Circuit Training making it very easy to quickly create a timer for your workouts. If you require more advanced options, Seconds doesn't let you down. You can create completely custom timers one interval at a time, or even combine timers together to create compound timers.
• HEART RATE SENSORS
Seconds supports Bluetooth heart rate sensors and allows you to configure the display to show your current heart rate and estimated calories burned during your training session.
• TEXT TO SPEECH AND ALERTS
The text to speech option will read out your interval names as you get to them, or even give you some advance warning. Alternatively, you can choose from the built in alerts. These ranges from simple beeps, to MMA air horns and boxing bells, to bells and gongs for more relaxing timers.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. For each interval, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply play another music source in the background.
• SHARE YOUR TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
Share the timers you’ve created or completed with your friends on your Twitter, Facebook or Weibo. They will then be able to import your timer into their app.
• EXPORT TIMERS
Transfer all your timers to another device of yours or a friends easily via Email or AirDrop.
• EXTERNAL DISPLAY
Use AirPlay Mirroring to display your timers on a big screen. Perfect for personal trainers and fitness class instructors. Enable Privacy Mode so your personal or client timers are not displayed as you navigate the app.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Want a timer for the 7 minute workout, or Tabata. Seconds comes with these preinstalled as well as samples of the other timer types.
• APPLE HEALTH
Apple Health data is used to calculate calorie expenditure. Workouts can be sent to Apple Health.
What's New in Version 3.6.5
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
## Version 3.6
- Added swimming activity with auto water lock.
- Added quicker UI refresh when Apple Watch wakes.
- Added low power mode option for Apple Watch (slower UI refreshes when Apple Watch wakes).
- Added a confirmation before starting timers when the app is not upgraded.
- Added links to support forum
- Added timer and settings export for forum
- Changed free version to only consider a timer used if it actually started.
- Changed external ducking option to also apply to Apple Watch app.
- Changed support section to link to Runloop forums.
- Changed Apple Watch required version down to 3.0
- Fixed restoring from iCloud not updating the timer list.
- Fixed bug where overrun interval of sub-timers was ignored.
- Fixed audio not playing when first interval had no audio, and starting at a different interval.
## Version 3.6.1
- Changed timer creation to no longer require save action.
- Fixed crash on devices running iOS 9 and below.
## Version 3.6.2
- Replaced Save and Discard buttons in Apple Watch summary with Done button. Saving is assumed.
- Fixed Apple Watch settings needing a toggle before taking effect.
- Fixed End Timer force touch option not respecting the skip to summary option.
## Version 3.6.3
- Added vibration only alerts to Apple Watch.
- Fixed resuming audio volume levels.
## Version 3.6.4
- Fixed Quick Timer alerts on Apple Watch.
## Version 3.6.5
- Added water lock option in Force Touch menu on supported devices.
- Added discard workout button to failed saves due to not granting permissions.
- Raised minimum iOS version to 9.3
- Removed email support. All support via forum from now on.
- Removed Snapchat link because I'm old and don't understand it.
Full release notes available at:
### Polite request
Since Apple introduced the new rating alert the app has received lots of good ratings. However, most of the people that take time to write a review are those complaining about the upgrade cost. If you have a few moments, we would really appreciate it if you could to write a quick review explaining what it is that you like about Seconds. Thank you!
Exactly the app I was looking for!!!!
Have used this app for a week so far and it has all the features I was looking for in a timer!!! Have not found anything I don’t enjoy about this app. It’s easy to use and set up.
Customer service for the app is great too - quick to respond!
This is an incredibly useful app for any kind of workouts that require interval timing. I use it for interval running, hiit, and my tabata workouts. I love the voice prompts. They allow me to seamlessly go from one exercise to another. Keep up the good work!
This app is seriously awesome for anyone that enjoys interval, HIIT, or circuit training!! You can customize every time to even say which exercise you’ll be doing! I just started using it and I’m so excited to explore it more and more!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 10, 2018
- Version: 3.6.5
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Runloop Ltd
- © 2010-2017 Runloop Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$4.99