LOOK NO FURTHER, you have just found the most advanced interval training timer on the App Store. Seconds has been downloaded over 5 million times, and has over 13,000 5-star reviews. Other interval timers don't even come close when it comes to quality, features and ease of use.
SECONDS AT A GLANCE:-
• Apple Watch
• Large clear display
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
• Custom timers to create any intervals imaginable
• Bluetooth heart rate sensor support
• Speaks your interval names in your language
• Loud or soothing alerts
• Cadence beeps
• Coordinate music with intervals
• Universal app, works on all devices
• External display and AirPlay Mirroring support
• Runs in the background
• Supports iOS 9.3 and above
• APPLE WATCH
Seconds comes with an Apple Watch app that allows you to use your saved interval timers (upgrade required) on your Apple Watch without your iPhone present. It also comes with a Quick Timer editor allowing you to easily and quickly create one-off timers while you are on the go.
• LARGE CLEAR DISPLAY AND COLOUR CODING
The timing screen has a large time display that can easily be read from a distance. It works in portrait or landscape. The current interval and next interval are displayed so you can see also what's up now and next. The entire background uses the current interval colour so you don't even need to read the name.
• TEMPLATES MAKE IT EASY TO PROGRAM
Seconds comes with templates for HIIT, Tabata and Circuit Training making it very easy to quickly create a timer for your workouts. If you require more advanced options, Seconds doesn't let you down. You can create completely custom timers one interval at a time, or even combine timers together to create compound timers.
• HEART RATE SENSORS
Seconds supports Bluetooth heart rate sensors and allows you to configure the display to show your current heart rate and estimated calories burned during your training session.
• TEXT TO SPEECH AND ALERTS
The text to speech option will read out your interval names as you get to them, or even give you some advance warning. Alternatively, you can choose from the built in alerts. These ranges from simple beeps, to MMA air horns and boxing bells, to bells and gongs for more relaxing timers.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. For each interval, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply play another music source in the background.
• SHARE YOUR TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
Share the timers you’ve created or completed with your friends on your Twitter, Facebook or Weibo. They will then be able to import your timer into their app.
• EXPORT TIMERS
Transfer all your timers to another device of yours or a friends easily via Email or AirDrop.
• EXTERNAL DISPLAY
Use AirPlay Mirroring to display your timers on a big screen. Perfect for personal trainers and fitness class instructors. Enable Privacy Mode so your personal or client timers are not displayed as you navigate the app.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Want a timer for the 7 minute workout, or Tabata. Seconds comes with these preinstalled as well as samples of the other timer types.
• APPLE HEALTH
Apple Health data is used to calculate calorie expenditure. Workouts can be sent to Apple Health.
• FAMILY SHARING
As Seconds Pro is a paid app it is eligable for Family Sharing. Free apps are also eligible, but their in-app purchases are not. If you require the upgraded version of Seconds with Family Sharing you should purchase this version and not upgrade in-app via the free version.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
All You Need in a Fitness Timer app
I’ve been using this app for a few months now. It’s everything I could imagine needing in a fitness timer app. It is so versatile and so easy to customize. I’ve saved about a dozen of my own routines and it only takes a moment to program a workout found in a magazine or online. And once it is programmed, it’s there forever, whenever you need it. And with the sync feature, you can have it on all devices. I’ve even shared them with friends who have the app using the export feature.
Save your routines to a folder... or two... multiple versions even... It’s up to you. I make full workouts for my normal routine and abbreviated versions for when I’m pressed for time.
With all of my routines on hand at any given time, I have one less excuse for just getting one done. In fact, having this app has made me MUCH more consistent in my exercise regimen. I can’t say enough about it. Seven Stars! *******
Buy the Pro version!
March 2018 Review Update
Have now realized that the app also easily connects to a basic Polar heart rate monitor. Add this to the total flexibility of the display layout, I now have the perfect device for interval training on my Nordic Trac. The electronics on my NT, which is over 20 years old, died many years ago, but Seconds Pro is obviously even better.
I've been using the free version for several years for everything from timing stretch routines to timing steaks on the grill. I never thought I needed the pro version.
Recently I thought I had identified a bug so I sent the developer an email, what did I have to lose. Not only did I get a personalized response confirming that the latest iOS version was causing a problem, but they also invited me to be a beta tester of the corrected Pro version.
Even the free version has so much flexibility and functionality available as far a setting up various routines, all of which you can use without looking at the app, as the text to voice capability is excellent. I'm now ready to set up and refine all of my routines, which because I have the Pro version I can now save.
Like I said I've use the free version for years, but if you use a timer regularly, I highly recommend forking out the money for the paid pro version. You will be glad you did.
I use this app all the time for my fitness classes and even for personal use. But there are just a couple of things I find irksome:
1. I will create a timer for a class the morning before and when I go to use it later, it will often have reverted to an earlier version or completely deleted itself and I have no idea why that is happening. There isn't a (save) button so I just assumed that it live saves as I work on the timer, but it seems really spotty as far as what will actually be saved.
2. The very first time I used the "compound timer" and created sub timers, the program for some reason saved those timers and now any time I try and create the same kind of timer it auto populated with the settings from those first timers and I now have to completely delete out those timers before I can start with my new one. Maybe I have a setting wrong? But this creates tons of issues if I'm not super careful and change over all of the settings.
- Runloop Ltd
- 57.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Runloop Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.