Seconds Pro - Timer for Interval Training, Circuit Training, HIIT, Tabata, WOD and fitness workouts
By Runloop Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LOOK NO FURTHER, you have just found the most advanced interval training timer on the App Store. Seconds has been downloaded over 1 million downloads, and has over 5000 5-star reviews. Other interval timers don't even come close when it comes to quality, features and ease of use.
SECONDS AT A GLANCE:-
• Large clear display
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
• Custom timers to create any intervals imaginable
• Bluetooth heart rate sensor support
• Speaks your interval names in your language
• Loud or soothing alerts
• Coordinate music with intervals
• Universal app, works on all devices
• External display and AirPlay Mirroring support
• Runs in the background
• LARGE CLEAR DISPLAY AND COLOUR CODING
The timing screen has a large time display that can easily be read from a distance. It works in portrait or landscape. The current interval and next interval are displayed so you can see also what's up now and next. The entire background uses the current interval colour so you don't even need to read the name.
• TEMPLATES MAKE IT EASY TO PROGRAM
Seconds comes with templates for HIIT, Tabata and Circuit Training making it very easy to quickly create a timer for your workouts. If you require more advanced options, Seconds doesn't let you down. You can create completely custom timers one interval at a time, or even combine timers together to create compound timers.
• HEART RATE SENSORS
Seconds supports Bluetooth heart rate sensors and allows you to configure the display to show your current heart rate and estimated calories burned during your training session.
• TEXT TO SPEECH AND ALERTS
The text to speech option will read out your interval names as you get to them, or even give you some advance warning. Alternatively, you can choose from the built in alerts. These ranges from simple beeps, to MMA air horns and boxing bells, to bells and gongs for more relaxing timers.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. For each interval, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply play another music source in the background.
• SHARE YOUR TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
Share the timers you’ve created or completed with your friends on your Twitter, Facebook or Weibo. They will then be able to import your timer into their app.
• EXPORT TIMERS
Transfer all your timers to another device of yours or a friends easily via Email or AirDrop.
• EXTERNAL DISPLAY
Use AirPlay Mirroring to display your timers on a big screen. Perfect for personal trainers and fitness class instructors. Enable Privacy Mode so your personal or client timers are not displayed as you navigate the app.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Want a timer for the 7 minute workout, or Tabata. Seconds comes with these preinstalled as well as samples of the other timer types.
• UNIVERSAL APP
Seconds has been built from the ground up to support iOS 8 and work on all screen resolutions. You can run it in the foreground and disable the Auto-Lock, or run it in the background and have it play your alerts and send notifications when your intervals are complete.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Thank you everyone for your feedback with version 3.0.1. It's been very well received.
In this version more of the functionality that had been removed has been restored (most notably the Bluetooth heart rate sensor support) and more bugs have been fixed.
One big change is the removal of timer-level audio. The reasons for which are as follows:
1. The majority of people that want music to continuously play throughout a timer use an external app.
2. The same result can be achieved by setting audio on the first interval of the timer and settings it to Resume and Persist.
3. The feature was introduced as a workaround before background modes were added.
If this is a deal breaker please contact me directly and I'll see what I can work out. You can email me at [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com).
Have a great 2015!
- Bluetooth heart rate support.
- Option to use heavier font throughout.
- Overrun feature to timers.
- Ability to change the timer fields.
- Interval elapsed option to timer fields.
- Calories option to timer fields.
- Personal Details section to enable calorie calculation.
- Share settings screen.
- Halfway alert option to intervals
- Timer list share action to share on social networks (will link to intervaltimer.com)
- Share within Organise mode to Export.
- Edit icon to a pencil.
- Preparation interval to use timer alerts.
- Passive rate prompt.
- Tapping email in help pages to open support screen.
- End beep alerts to use 2 beeps + a long beep.
- Timer-level audio.
- Volume option from intervals without audio.
- Resuming between intervals with same query params.
- Audio not resuming after interruptions.
- Crash on iPad when launching a timer with music while playing external audio.
- Bug where timer would go crazy after previewing alerts more than once.
- External display and timer views bugs.
This app has made my workouts much more effective!!
I used to carry my notebook to the gym, write every exercise down and how many sets and it was great; but I would have to stop and read which exercise comes next, then for how many. It started to become a distraction. Now, I plug in my exercises, amount of time, sets and go. No more checking off sets, no more losing momentum from having to read which exercise is next, basically no more wasted time in the gym. I love just going through my sets, my different exercises and really being able to work out effectively and continuously. Being able to listen to external music without having to load a playlist is also really big as I change what I listen to quite often.
If you have the free version I seriously suggest you upgrade to the pro because being able to save, copy and paste workouts is awesome. Altering the order of my workouts without having to retype is a game changer, especially if I have more or less time in the gym then I thought I would have.
I encountered 1 bug one time but it was so minuscule that I forgot where it was. Great job guys, great app!
No other timer app compares!
I use this app for exercise of course but I set this app up for every 10 minute reminders and for lots of other productivity uses. I love how I can turn it on vibrate, turn the screen off, and have the app buzz me every ten minutes; this way I can use the timer and not bother other people around me. I know alot of people use these timers for meditation too and this app is more than capable of this.
The ONLY problem... and yet such a small tiny problem...
The only problem I have with seconds is the strange 'white noise' this app causes on my (iphone 6+). Its not noticeable until you put your ear up to the phone speakers. And it only makes that noise when this app is on! Other then that, I have absolutely no problem with this app!
Everything I need in a timer
I used this for my own and client's training sessions. Every now and then the music component doesn't play even though I set it to play. But that could be due to me having too much going on with my iPad. Actually I haven't tried using a timer w/ music since the update. So it may work perfectly fine now. I have several timers saved from two years ago and I never have issues with any deleting.
I am very pleased with this app. It makes my training much easier. I would definitely recommend going pro. There is no better option. Just realized there is a compound timer option and am too excited about it. So much so I had to write this review.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Runloop Ltd
- © 2010-2015 Runloop Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.