Browse the web securely and with ease of mind! History, cookies and cache are cleared for you automatically! Secret Browser has a FAST, simple, familiar interface that gets out of your way when you want it to allowing for (optional) full screen browsing.
Secret Browser does one simple thing and does it very well. Browse the web (in secret). And it does it all for FREE!
Use your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to browse the web without worrying about your history or cookies leaving a trail that can be traced from anyone else who might pick up your device.
- Clean and familiar interface is there when you need it but knows the get out of the way when you don't. Updates to work with any sized screen you throw at it!
- Basic Ad Blocking support with the open source Ka-Block! content rule list!
- Tabbed Browsing. Supports as many tabs as your device can handle with 3D Touch support for devices that allow it!
- Home Reset. By default, any time Secret Browser gets sent to the background the browser is cleaned and reset automatically so next time it's launched, your history, cookies and cache will be completely gone!
- Lock Reset. Optionally, you can set Secret Browser to wipe everything and start over any time your device is locked!
- Rotation Lock. Setup the orientation lock and keep your device in portrait or landscape modes, only.
- Hide the Status Bar on your smaller iPhones and iPod Touch devices to save those precious pixels and browse in FULL SCREEN!
- Custom User-Agent. Optionally select one of many pre-made User-Agent strings or use a custom string. Trick (most) websites into thinking you're using a different web browser or device! (Pro Mode subscription required)
- Custom Start Page. Optionally setup a custom startup page for every time Secret Browser loads up. (Pro Mode subscription required)
- Custom Search Providers. Switch between some default, provided search providers or use any URL you'd like! Search right from the address bar! (Pro Mode subscription required)
- Customizable 3D Touch Shortcuts. If you have a device capable of 3D Touch, you can now tap the Secret Browser icon a little harder than usual to bring up a list of shortcuts! List is customizable inside your Settings.app! (Pro Mode subscription required)
- Printing Support. Print pages right from Secret Browser to any printer that supports printing from your iOS device. (Pro Mode subscription required)
- Easy to customize! Plenty of options available and all stored away in your devices Settings.app to keep Secret Browser's interface clutter-free and easy to use.
NOTE: Secret Browser CAN NOT hide your browsing information from your Internet Service Provider or your local network.
Subscriptions: Subscriptions to Pro Mode are available for 1, 3 or 12 month durations. Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase or after your trial ends. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal of the same duration subscription within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
LOVE SECRET BROWSER? If you enjoy using Secret Browser, please take a second when you have time to leave a review. It helps a lot!
- Share extension
- Open a URL from any app inside Secret Browser
- Select some text anywhere in iOS and search for it with Secret Browser
- New universal custom scheme: secretbrowser://
- Use secretbrowser://go?q=www.example.com to launch Secret Browser and load the specified URL
- Use secretbrowser://search?q=searchforme to launch Secret Browser and search for the specified text
- Use the new URL scheme with the Shortcuts app for awesome possibilities!
Ratings and Reviews
First of all this browser is no "secret." It uses Google to search and Google is the biggest info accumulator in the world, so all your searches are recorded with your computer's/tablet's/smartphone's IP address. Now it has a new pop-up that it's allowing saying it wants to open an external app. Hit cancel and the pop-up opens again and again and again and again until you have to quit the browser and then it does it again and again... If you hit OK, it takes you to the App Store with a bogus virus message opening in the Mail program which I, for one, never use. Goodbye secret browser.
Popups that cascade into each other forever happen on some sketchy, malicious websites. I would love to help track them down so I can help make sure things like this don't happen in the future. If you can send an email to email@example.com with some more details, I'm very interested in finding websites that cause things like this to use as a testing ground to combat them in Secret Browser.
Don't get technical
Good, well made for an easy & fast, history deleting browser
Just need to allow for a return in case one accidentally back out of whatever you were viewing.
- Steve Ehrenberg
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009 Steve Ehrenberg
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Mode $2.99
- 1 Month Recurring $0.99
- 1 Year Recurring $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.