Secret - Be yourself
By Secret, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What would you do with your last day on Earth? What would you tell your 13-year-old self? What's your biggest lie? What's your dream job?
In the anonymous world of Secret, you can be and express yourself. Explore diverse topics, have hilarious or deep conversations, and meet new people along the way.
• Posts come from friends, people in your city or campus, and sometimes around the world.
• Join fun (and sometimes intense) conversations and give your honest opinion.
• Chat privately with anyone and make new friends.
Hey! If you love Secret, take a moment to give us a great review, it helps us out a lot.
Read our community guidelines: http://secret.ly/community
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/secretly
What's New in Version 14
Hey foxes, this update is absolutely packed with goodies.
• Daily topics. Each and every day, Secret selects a theme for you to contribute to. They're designed to be fun, relatable and intriguing.
• Beautifully large images. We made your photos stand out more in the stream, you can still tap-hold to view them full screen. Go ahead and show off.
• Usability improvements. We moved a few things around! Hearts have moved from the left to the right side of the stream. Posting is now done by pressing the "+" button in the upper right. You'll see a slick new share box that gives you a preview of what your masterpiece will look like when its posted.
• Photo chat. Disappointed you couldn't send a selfie in chat? BOOM, now you can. Though, you only have 10 seconds and can view it once and only once. And if you're a sly fox that tries to take a screenshot, we'll let the other person know. ;)
• Dismiss posts. Dislike a post or think someone is trolling your community? Just swipe left on any post to dismiss it. If enough people dislike a post, it will be removed. Wield this power responsibly!
• Friend posts. Never miss a post from a friend or coworker, because we'll tell you exactly how many new posts from friends are waiting for you before you open the stream.
• Hidden bonus features. There are about 4 or 5 other awesome improvements and features we added, but you'll just have to discover them for yourself. Have fun!
If you love the fox, please take a moment to give us a positive review, because the fox loves 5-stars.
Terrible Good Fun
This app is a fun way to interact anonymously with others on every politically incorrect topic there is. I haven't seen that it reveals your identity to others, but it asks for access to your contacts (which it doesn't seem to do anything with). It also accesses your GPS which gets you into a chat room for your metropolitan area (like NYC or SF). And you can register your work or school email too participate in a closed community.
Shouldn't require my contact list to use the app
I think it is a rather unwise move to demand access to users' contact lists or they cannot use the app. Yes, I am curious what my contacts say on Secret, if they use it at all, but let me decide on when and how. The latest update leaves no choice and therefore you lose at least one user.
Btw, it's kind of naive for Secret to think that their contents are that compelling for people to give out their contact lists in order to access them.
Anonymous? It wants to access my contacts!
This app sounds like great fun. But it wants to access my contacts and there is NO REASON for that. If I want hear from my contacts I'll go on Facebook. I want to interact with people I don't know. Not anonymous people I probably know. If they ever change that I may consider downloading again but now I'm skeptical because wanting my contacts for an anonymous app seems very fishy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 01, 2015
- Version: 14
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: Secret, Inc.
- © 2015 Secret Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.