Proud winner of a 2015 Electronic Musician Editors’ Choice Award!
Slice and sequence your loops with a matrix of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
• Unique probability-matrix sample slice sequencer
• Classic pattern step-sequencer for absolute control
• Time-warping transfer functions for various effects
• Includes high-quality loops by Richard Devine, Sonic Mayhem, Arovane, Alex Matheu and Sunsine Audio
• Import custom loops from other apps, AudioShare, Pasteboard or using iTunes FileSharing
• Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio
• Synchronize to Inter-App Audio hosts such as Auria or Garageband
• MIDI Clock slave/master to sync with other apps or hardware
• MIDI control for triggers, volume, start/stop, and loading projects
• Supports Audiobus Remote triggers
• Record and export the results as perfectly synchronized loops
• Audiobus state saving
"One of the most innovative and entertaining audio apps you’ll ever encounter" - David Biedny at MacLife.com
"Engrossing, beautiful, wild and a fine addition to the iPad studio" - Computer Music Magazine
"This is already, I think, a must-buy. Going to have fun playing with it. Enjoy!" - Peter Kirn at CreateDigitalMusic.com
"It is utterly brilliant" - John Walden at MusicAppBlog.com
Please contact me for questions and feature requests. Do not use reviews for communication, I can't reply there!
• Audiobus Remote triggers
• MIDI Control to trigger sectors or switch between memory slots
• MIDI Clock Slave mode
• Listen to MIDI Machine Control start/stop messages
• New special silent WRP shape to mute sectors or add rests
• Design tweaks for WRP page
• IAA app switcher on iOS8
• New Sync Settings menu page with Follow IAA Host settings
• Allow turning off IAA clock sync for broken hosts
• Include WRP reverse toggle in randomization
• Bugfixes and tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
This is not a fn toy.
Anything can be used in the current paradigm dynamic of iOS audio. This is the same developer that brought us two of the must haves - AUM and AudioShare. So with that in mind, think about how the audio you have in AudioShare can be coughed up and spit back out backwards on a loop next Thursday ...
something like that. That being said, if you are not already comfortable enough with experimenting music you might see it as impractical. I have noticed that it lends itself to the crazy rock n roll that kids are listening to today with their crazy hair and denim loafers. Yikes! What’d it called? Dumbstep? Dump stump? Yeah that.
When you take speeches and phrases from #thedonaldtrump and make them available to this app, what ends up happening is something of a miracle ... he makes total sense.
So engaging! One of my favorite apps.
If you're like the guy who left a poor review because what this app doesn't fit his musical style, fine. But if you love to explore, be surprised, appreciate true innovation and beautifully designed apps, just get this app!!
I have to be careful when I open up Sector because most of the time I'm going to finally look up several hours later and realize I only have a couple of hours to sleep before work the next day. It is so engaging, fun, and beautiful to use, that I can get lost for hours.
I recommend this app to anyone who loves to explore and has an open mind about musical ideas. No go have some fun!
Just a toy
This app is very eye pleasing, and fun for about 30-40 minutes. If you are an actual musician I would say buy this when its on sale for 99 cents. You only have a chance of making a beat or song and it will never play twice. Yes I know it says this in the description, but it's kind of misleading calling it a "sequencer" at all. It does what it does well though, but sound quality is pretty awful like others have said, and their "pro quality samples and loops" might have been quality before they put them in, but the sound engine is lacking at best. There is no real way to make it sound any better either. I put real pro quality samples into it and got back flat lifeless ear garbage. I find it useless for my IOS music projects.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.