Are you a personal user who needs to have secure communications between iOS devices and/or desktop computers that are compliant with the OpenPGP standard? SecuMail can do it!
SecuMail is a partial implementation of the OpenPGP standard (RFC2440,RFC4880) that leverages your current cryptography infrastructure and allows your iOS devices to interoperate with it.
SecuMail currently implements a subset of the standard that allows you to encrypt, decrypt, sign and verify OpenPGP messages. It also gives you many options for easily importing and exporting your keys and encrypted messages.
- Interoperates with PGP versions 8, 9 and 10 and GnuPG 1.x and 2.x
- Public Key 'Encrypt & Sign' and 'Decrypt & Verify'.
- Public Key 'Clearsign' signing and verification.
- Symmetric Encryption and Decryption.
- Supports decoding of MIME encrypted messages, including attachments.
- Supports AirPrint of decrypted messages and attachments on compatible devices.
- Supports opening decrypted messages and attachments on compatible apps.
- TextExpander integration.
- Supports the following symmetric algorithms: AES-256, AES-192, AES-128, Blowfish, Cast5, 3DES, TwoFish.
- Option to remember Key pass phrases (with time-out).
- Server passwords and Key pass phrases are stored in the device key chain, for maximum security.
- Handles gpg, pgp and asc attachments from Mail (for messages and keys)
- Import keys from LDAP, LDAPS, HKP and HTTPS key servers.
- Import keys by Copy/Paste from Safari, Mail or any other program.
- Import keys from pgp, gpg or asc Mail attachments.
- Key Photo ID support.
- Send encrypted text through email or SMS directly from the app.
- Verification of signed messages.
- Ability to sign your messages.
What it does not do:
- Does not have the ability to generate public/private keys. This must be done with a desktop app.
Added French localization.
Ratings and Reviews
I can now sign ALL my email again. It's been very inconvenient to turn on my computer just to sign my email.
Updating review: This software is still rock solid despite the lack of updates. I haven't tried or trusted any other PGP apps beside this one.
It could use some updating to add modern integration with share sheets or even an integrated keyboard app in iMessage. But for now I copy and paste what I need.
Thanks for the app! Don't give it network access.
Works great for encrypting/decrypting mail, attachments, clipboard contents and text msgs.
Never crashed once in 5 years of use.
Only complaint is you can't generate keys, but have to create elsewhere and import them.
Worth the price and more!
Do not let the price of this application steer you away, it is by far the best PGP application available for iOS. It handles decryption and rendering of complex MIME documents and inline attachments. Unlike the other PGP applications in the App store this one is not constrained to text/plain only. The robust attachment and MIME handling is amazing! This application is similar to Enigmail for iOS. Development/support are also friendly and responsive. If you are serious about PGP this application delivers. I have some od use cases and this application fits those needs very well!
- On-Core Software LLC
- 26.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2015 On-Core Software LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.