The official iPhone, iPad and Apple TV app for SecuritySpy. The essential component of a complete video surveillance system for your Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, this app allows you to easily monitor your CCTV system from wherever you are.
This iOS app offers the following free features:
- Live video and two-way audio from your cameras
- Receive push notifications when motion is detected
- Control PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) for cameras with these features
- Save or share images from your cameras via email, iMessage, iCloud Photo Sharing and more
- Arm or disarm camera recording modes
- Easy setup with auto-discovery of SecuritySpy servers on your network
- View and manage multiple SecuritySpy servers
Additionally, there is an in-app purchase to add the following features:
- Multiplex: cycle through groups of simultaneous live camera views in full screen
- Captures: play back previously-captured footage from all your cameras, including motion-detected clips, image files or whole-day movies
This in-app purchase is a one-time payment that covers ALL devices linked to your account.
Please note you will need a Mac running SecuritySpy 4.0.8 or newer (www.securityspy.com), with a SecuritySpy software license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app. In addition, push notifications and two-way audio require iOS 10.
We are always happy to hear your feedback, so please get in touch if you have any suggestions for future updates.
- Fixed a crash when saving images on iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
App is really maturing! When perusing video captures, I’d still like to see the last viewed video highlighted, so I can keep track of where I am in the list—maybe even provide a favorites toggle. It would also be great if captures could be saved to my photos. Lastly, a means for setting a maximum upload speed to the ftp server would be appreciated, as my broadband has slow upload and SecuritySpy often hogs it—VOIP service is interrupted during these times. Thanks, Ben!
Hello, please try the latest release of this app and of SecuritySpy itself, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any problems playing back recorded movies.
Fantastic App - could use a few enhancements
Would like the ability to use the last opened Multiplex screen as the starting screen when I open the app
Improved But Needs More Work
The speed has improved but there are still drawbacks.
1. The white background is not ideal for viewing cameras, please change to a dark theme.
2. Please remove all the extra white boarder space around the camera preview to utilize more pixels for the footage itself (As done by LiveCams Pro).
Please make sure to upgrade your SecuritySpy server to version 4.1.2 - it is much faster to start streaming (the difference with Remote Patrol is that RP always uses JPEG streaming, whereas our app now uses H.264 streaming for better performance over the Internet, and this was a bit slow to start in older versions of SecuritySpy). As for the background colour, thanks for your feedback, we will consider an option to change this in a future version.
- Ben Software Ltd
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Ben Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Multiplex & Captures $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.