The Securus Video Visitation is now the Securus Mobile! This free app’s capabilities have been significantly enhanced and include the following:
- Create a Securus Online account
- Change password and 4 digit passcode
- Setup security questions
- Enroll in Video Visitation, schedule and visit an inmate remotely from anywhere in the world where you have Wi-Fi or cellular data service at all Securus sites that offer Video Visitation.
- Access and view your upcoming scheduled video visits.
- Sync details of upcoming visits with your calendar.
- Receive notifications for upcoming visits.
- Test Wi-Fi/cellular connection to determine quality of video visit.
- *For best results and to reduce echo, use a headset or earbuds with microphone.
- Enroll and add funds to AdvanceConnect, your prepaid calling account.
- See Available Funds.
- Add or change phone numbers who can receive calls.
- View call details and transaction summary.
- Block or unblock calls.
- Enroll in AutoPay or TextPay.
- Update or change credit/debit card information.
- Add funds to an Inmate Debit calling account- now easier to find on the app.
- eMessaging - send messages and receive replies, send digital greeting cards and photos to your incarcerated loved one!
- Sign up, purchase ‘stamps’ and send eMessages and photos
- Pay for inmate reply eMessage
- eCards – choose from dozens of categories and attach these digital greeting cards to your message*
- Snap n’ Send™ - Snap a selfie or choose from your photo gallery to quickly send a photo to your loved one*
- Multiple attachments – now send up to 5 eCards and photos to your message to tell the whole story*
- Bug fixes and improvements
*If allowed by facility
It’s never been easier to stay in touch!
For questions or comments, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Skeptic here proved wrong
I never write reviews ever, but seeing so many poor reviews I hope I help someone reading. I have an iPhone 8 and this app has been wonderful to me. I’ve been able to schedule video visits and as long as you have headphones, and a good connection you should be fine. It crashed once during the visit but I had multiple things on my WiFi connection and once I disconnected everything else it worked fine. The sound quality COULD be better. My only complaint is the deputy got him there 20 minutes late, so I paid for a 30 minute visit and only got 10 minutes. Was on hold for 30 minutes and it’s a super long process to get a refund but at the end of the day it still was a lot cheaper than a phone call. I’ve scheduled 3 more visits and will update through out the week!
Three day update: Every visit has been amazing! We really enjoy this! I scheduled one everyday for the next week and we’re both excited. Like I said before as long as you have a great connection, and if using a phone an updated version of iOS, you should be good! I really hope I help someone reading. My only complaint is the time should start once the inmate and visitor actually connect! The process of getting a refund/credit is way too complicated.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind feedback!
When I first installed it on my iPhone , it worked pretty good. Then it started always asking for my password which would be wrong almost every time & the answers to my questions changed. Called them the other day and they were supposed to reset my password. And how come u have to give them so much personal information. . I have been waiting weeks to hear something back as far as having s home video visitation, before I install this crazy app on my phone. And now when I open it up from home screen it says update now or update later no matter which one u pick it just goes to the sign in page and before you can do anything, it jumps back to the home screen. Or s quick flash & tell u to open in store but it don’t . Will ask all the same questions. But won’t do nothing. In the fine print it’s says by installing or is signing in to this app u agree for them to share ur information with third party marketing group. No way not me. I also set up. A commissary account , an inmate debit account, and a phone account, and it’s been a month and a week now and he hasn’t been able to get through to me. It’s too much to have to do and remember. Especially for what little it does and a lot it don’t do . All of everything these days is a scam or fraud. The government, the Antichrist, the devil. Be ware
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are so sorry you are having issues. Please try to delete the app then go directly to the app store to update. We have several bug fixes last week that shold be fixed with this update. Thank you,
The Securus team
EDITED:::Upgrade from Website
The app doesn’t work any more. Let’s me pick a date and time but when I click to confirm it says Invalid Time Slot. Doesn’t matter what date or time I try to schedule. I’m hopeful the developer will see this and tell me what I’m doing wrong!
ORIGINAL REVIEW: I only use the app to schedule on-site visits. Though initially frustrated that I couldn’t schedule online any longer, I got the app, applied, and then waited for approval from my local jail. Once I got approved, I found the interface with this easier than the website. And I can do it on the go. As an added perk, I’m not sure why, but with the app I can now schedule visits the next day, whereas I had to schedule a few days or even a week out with the website. So works great for me. Hoping it does for others as well.
Developer Response ,
We are happy to hear you are enjoying the app. Thank you for your kind feedback!
- Securus Technologies, Inc.
- 48.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2019 Securus Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.