Wind Seeker: 3D Augmented Reality Wind Visualizer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Provides a FLAT VIEW COMPASS and an AUGMENTED REALITY 3-D VIEW showing the local wind and weather conditions with animated wind vectors. Also has a searchable MAP VIEW allowing you to view up-to-date local and world weather station data.
As requested by many users, you can now set any location of your choosing via map search, and browse the map to see weather conditions anywhere around the world
- Aviators, Sailors, Surfers, Windsurfers, Kite Flyers, Cyclists, Fire Fighters, Weather Hobbyists and any other outdoor enthusiasts
- Compass view showing animated wind vectors for nearest weather stations with wind, temperature and humidity readings
- 3-D augmented reality view with animated wind vectors
- List of local observation stations (up to 10 nearest), from which any may be selected for individual wind viewing
- Map view of all local stations with weather arrows showing direction, speed and temperature
- Uses official Bureau of Meteorology data within Australia, and NOAA metar data (from airports) for rest of world
- The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
What's New in Version 4.3
* Optimized for iPad Pro, including split-view support
* Minor app layout changes
Great, informative and versatile
Not too sure what some of the negative reviews are about, but this app shows prevailing wind speed, gusts, graphic direction, augmented reality winds, temperature, relative humidity, wound data for your entire region, fast switch between reporting stations to be displayed on main display, how recent the data is (usually a matter of minutes), and probably a lot more that i have yet to tinker with! I personally have had this app for what i think have been 2 - 3 years now and love it! Maybe the negative reviews are from an area not covered, like the moon?
Doesn't show any wind or weather data!
I bought this as part of an app bundle - (I wanted the Sun Seeker app, which has a bit of a learning curve but is amazing! Figured I'd spend a little more to get this and Moon Seeker).
This app was not ready for release. There is absolutely NO DATA displayed - no wind, no temp, humidity - nothing! Also, while there is a Locations button (implying that you can save locations) there is no way to save a location!
I'm really hoping they provide a bug fix update quickly. As it stands now this app is just an expensive map.
Cannot set location. Shows only airports. In info it explains that one should touch the location button ,but the button does not exist that i can find on my iPad
- Category: Weather
- Updated: May 04, 2016
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- © 2015 Ajnaware Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.