Seeing AI: Talking Camera for the Blind
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of AI to open up the visual world and describe nearby people, text, and objects.
Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables you to recognize:
• Short Text - Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
• Documents - Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
• Products - Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available. (works with iPhone 6 and later)
• People - Saves people’s faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and emotions.
• Scenes (early preview) - Hear an overall description of the scene captured.
• Images in other apps - Just tap “Share” and “Recognize with Seeing AI” to describe images from Mail, Photos, Twitter, and more.
Seeing AI is built to help you achieve more by leveraging the power of the cloud and artificial intelligence. As the research progresses, more channels may be added.
Visit http://SeeingAI.com for more details and instructional videos.
Available in the U.S., Canada, India, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore. Coming soon to more countries.
Languages supported – English
Supported on iPhone 5C, 5S and later; best performance with iPhone 6S and later models.
Questions, feedback or feature requests? Email us at seeingai @ microsoft.com.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Fix for iOS 11 crash
• Enable audio cues in vibrate mode
• Autoplay tutorial videos
• Miscellaneous UI improvements and bugfixes
Another step toward independence
I just attempted to use this app for the first time, and I think it's quite good. As some have indicated, the document reader could use a little improvement, but many of the other features work rather well. I enjoyed the feature where you can scan a product via it's barcode. It would be nice if there were an option where you could scan a credit card to receive information on it, such as expiration date and the three digits on the back of the card. But overall, this app is wonderful. Thanks Microsoft!
i really want this app to work but the version i got was not like in the instruction videos. there is no product barcode scanner on mine, also the option to select the different features on the main screen is not there. the features are on the bottom. i hope they have instructions on how to use this with voiceover included in the help section. maybe the next update will address these issues.
the short text feature is great, the document feature is a little difficult to line up. the scene feature is correct most of the time, it identified my cat laying on the floor but thought a pair of bananas was a sandwich.
many thanks to the microsoft team for helping the blind.
This is a wonderful app! I can't believe it's free and how easy it is to work. I am almost totally blind and this is going to make my life a lot easier. Thank U
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 224 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.