Seeing Eye GPS
By Sendero Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Seeing Eye, the pioneer in guide dogs, and Sendero Group, the pioneers of accessible GPS, have teamed up to create The Seeing Eye GPS™. Almost 20 years of user feedback and feature requests are behind the design of all Sendero GPS products. The accessible features in The Seeing Eye GPS™ are only the beginning of what is yet to come as users help in evolving this first fully accessible GPS product for the iPhone. The Seeing Eye GPS™ is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS™
• Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
• At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
• Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
• There are two choices for POI data (Google Places and Foursquare).
• Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
• If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
• Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
• Nearby Points of interest and intersections are automatically announced.
• Ability to run in the background or with the screen locked for iOS 7. If you are running an older version of iOS 6 only the sound effects will play and the phone will vibrate at turns and at your destination but no speech output. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Requires: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 WiFi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. iOS 5.0 or later.
The Seeing Eye GPS app uses VoiceOver feature for audio voice output and does not contain its own voice synthesizer.
Join us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/senderogps
What's New in Version 2.0
•Updates for the current version of iOS as well as iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
•Expanded the History list of destinations from 2 items to 25 items.
•Added the ability to add a User POI
•Added the ability to Share User POIs via AirDrop or Email.
Still not useful
On an iPhone six with the last version of iOS 8, The app crashes when the main screen gets loaded. Sometimes I can hear the current position right before it crashes.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Hebrew, Spanish
- Seller: Sendero Group LLC
- © 2013 Sendero Group LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Thirty Day Subscription$9.99
- One Year Subscription$69.99