Seeing Eye GPS
By Sendero Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Seeing Eye, the pioneer in guide dogs, and Sendero Group, the pioneers of accessible GPS, have teamed up to create The Seeing Eye GPS™. Almost 20 years of user feedback and feature requests are behind the design of all Sendero GPS products. The accessible features in The Seeing Eye GPS™ are only the beginning of what is yet to come as users help in evolving this first fully accessible GPS product for the iPhone. The Seeing Eye GPS™ is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS™
• Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
• At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
• Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
• There are two choices for POI data (Google Places and Foursquare).
• Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
• If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
• Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
• Nearby Points of interest and intersections are automatically announced.
• Ability to run in the background or with the screen locked for iOS 7. If you are running an older version of iOS 6 only the sound effects will play and the phone will vibrate at turns and at your destination but no speech output. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Requires: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 WiFi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. iOS 5.0 or later.
The Seeing Eye GPS app uses VoiceOver feature for audio voice output and does not contain its own voice synthesizer.
Join us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/senderogps
What's New in Version 2.5
1. Fixed bugs introduced with iOS 10, including background mode functionality.
2. Ability to receive position from Blindsquare and create a route.
3. Ability to create route to addresses in your Contacts database.
4. Simplified the process of adding a User POI with the following changes:
a) Added a Record User POI gesture, one-finger double tap and hold on the location screen to go directly to the Add User POI screen.
b) Automatically default to the ‘User’ category so that users do not have to do the extra step of selecting a category if they are not going to share user POIs.
c) Create a free-text field for tags so that the user can type their own tags and add further information about the user POI.
5. Added a shortcut gesture, perform a one finger double tap and hold on the POI tab, to go directly to nearest POI screen (only available in VoiceOver is on).
6. Revamp nearest POI search to be more consistent and relative to user’s immediate location.
7. Increased the number of POI's in announced in the LookAround wand.
8. Added a Submenu screen on the location screen to announce less essential information such as altitude, GPS accuracy and speed.
9. Added an accuracy filter for Side of Street indication in routes. Now if the POI has a questionable location, such as in the middle of the street, the app will not announce the side of the street.
10. User Interface improvements include:
a) Streamlined User Interface to reduce duplicate announcements.
b) Fixed the voice over cursor issue.
c) Fixed low vision contrast issues, border color to all buttons.
d) Removed irrelevant POI categories, “points_of_interest” and “street_address.”
e) Added all 4 route types on poi description screen.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Hebrew, Spanish
- Seller: Sendero Group LLC
- © 2013 Sendero Group LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Thirty Day Subscription$9.99
- One Year Subscription$69.99